Burrrrrrrr

What a weekend of football. A lot of things went down that caused me to celebrate. First let's start off with the SEC Title game. Alabama came out and picked Florida apart in every facet of the game. Mark Ingram was a beast. I honestly don't think having Dunlap would've saved any sort of beat down issued by 'Bama. I would generally bash Florida right now but I'm not going to. I'm going to build them up and give them so props so they feel good about themselves when they get the stupid Bearkittens in the Sugar Bowl. Listen to me Florida. I know you're angry. So what I want you to do is take that anger and just take out all your pain and suffering on UC. Tim Tebow, you've had a great career and even though everyone is on their knees for you I want you to go out and give it to UC. Throw all over them, run all over them, score all over them. I want you to destroy those idiots so much so that they are crying on the sideline and their fans riot because their football team is in fact really bad. This brings me to another point. Memo to UC fans. Please, I aks again, please act like you've been there before. I mean I know you haven't because just a few years ago no one wanted any part of your weak ass football program. Listen to me UC fans. You are the biggest bandwagon tools I've ever witnessed next to Bengal fans. Seriously, no one was going to Nippert stadium a few years ago and suddenly you guys get a wide receiver and a QB and a coach that is going to leave for Notre Dame and you act like it's the hottest thing out there. Let me tell you something. Do you want to play a football team? Do you really want to go out and play a real team? Well, why don't you play Ohio State. I know you will next year and I can't wait because it's going to be the biggest beat down next to the one Florida is going to give you. I was actually somewhat hoping Nebraska would've beat Texas so that your sorry program could get beated and have TCU go ahead of you to the National Title Game. They are the real deal and are a legit program. You are not. So cut the bull crap and bandwagoness because you're about to face reality. Back to Nebraska, valiant effort fellas. I gotta hand it to you, you guys gave Texas all they could handle. The Black Shirt D was back in effect. Texas just happened to catch a good break. Cornhuskers, you have nothing to be ashamed of. ACC Title Game was pretty solid. I mean I was rooting for Georgia Tech and rooting for CJ Spiller to have a great game so I got both. I'm gonna pat myself on the back for that. Georgia Tech is going to be a tough matchup for whoever they play simply because their offense is just so dynamic. Trust me, I've seen it first hand. That triple option with Nesbitt, Allen, and Dwyer will just kill you. You may stop them for some losses and get some tackles in the back field but they are just setting up a big time play that will hurt you when it counts. So beware, Paul Johnson's offense is on a mission and the most dynamic running game in the country is ready to lay it to someone. My main man, CJ Spiller. Dude has to get some serious Heisman Trophy consideration right now. Ingram stated his case yesterday but CJ Spiller I think stated a better one. The guy is just a true goon. I mean one fast goon who is a bad mama jamma when it comes to smoking fools and making defenses look dumb. He'll torch you on kick returns, punt returns, runs, catches, and if they gave him a chance I bet he would be a BA defensive back too. How can you not love this guy, he's always smiling and he's just so unbelievably gifted with speed it's not even funny. He is my pick to win the Heisman and I hope he does because he sure does deserve it.

The Buckeyes are going to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl. I'm sorry Oregon, you got skills and your offense is nice but you haven't seen a D like the Bucks' D. So my early prediction is a Buckeye win. I mean would I honestly go against them in the first place? On a serious note, I'm pretty confident with this claim right now because the Bucks are due. The media will most likely suck off the Ducks and hate the Bucks as they analyze and preview the game so it is my hope that the Buckeyes not only win but win big to get the monkey off their back and try to gain some respect back from the haters.

Moving into the pro realms. My homies from the bay area represented big time this weekend. Raider Nation came into Pittsburgh and really wasn't too concerned about the Steelers. The Silver and Black attack matched Pittsburgh all game long and scored a late TD for the win. I was jacked! If only the Browns could win a game then I would be really happy. I will say this, Brady Quinn has played pretty solid since being thrust back into the starting role. If only Mangini didn't suck so much maybe the Browns wouldn't be the laughing stalk of the NFL.

I'm going to step into the prep world and give some much deserved shout outs to some teams in Ohio. First of all, Hilliard Davidson, representing the OCC (my conference when I was in HS) beat Cleveland Glenville to win the D1 State Title. Davidson made a gutsy call and went for two and it paid off as they converted and won 16-15. Big time win for the Wildcats! Moving on, we all know I'm a Worthington Kilbourne Wolf through and through so I would like to point out the continued dominance over Dublin Scioto. The men's basketball team beat the Irish this weekend. Now I will say this, WKHS has never been good at basketball and the fact they beat Scioto surprises me because I was told Kilbourne struggled to score points against Brookhaven. As long as Tom Souder is the coach at WKHS the program will never be good. Everyone knows it. He still runs the same offense that he ran when I was there. Ohio, Loop, AJ, etc. I can still run through the plays if you'd like. My man, the game is changing, you have got to run and gun, it's what people do and it's how you win games. Well run and gun and then play D. I can't wait when I'm coaching basketball at the high school level. I'm going to run and gun the hell out of teams. I'm talking about getting shots up early and often and scoring at will. Anyways, I do want to congratulate Kilbourne on beating Scioto. Kilbourne has and always will dominate Hard Road.

Xavier bounced back from a horrible showing in Orlando and beat Kent State Friday night. Xavier has had some problems being selfish this year so that was the focus all week in practice. At times Friday night it looked like guys were trying too hard to share the ball. The chemistry has got to get better and guys just need to take a page out of the 2007-2008 Xavier team's book and just play. Play together and play off each other. It's not hard. Just stop being selfish and play. If you do that then you're going to win games. Xavier's team is not as bad as some people think. They are going to have their ups and downs this year but come conference play I think you're going to see a well polished and finely tuned team. The non-conference schedule will prepare this team to make plays not only in conference play but come March as well.

The search for a new coach here at UVA continues. Here is a list of candidates:

Mike London - This has really heated up as the hot rumor as Virginia sought to speak with London only a day after losing to Appy State in the 1AA playoffs.
Al Golden
Kevin Sumlin
Tommy Tubberville
Jim Grobe
Butch Jones
Chip Kelly
Danny Rocco
Skip Holtz
Chris Petersen

I expect an announcement within a week as to who will be coaching here next year. I personally believe that the program needs to hire someone without any ties to Al Groh. I mean just look at the firing, everyone including four GAs got fired. So what does it say to the general public, team, and support staff if the athletic department hires someone like London to be coach? I'm not saying London is a bad guy by any means or that he's a bad coach because both are wrong. But Virginia needs to go in a completely different direction. They need to hire a young guy who's enthusiastic. They need to go away from what this University has seen for the past nine years. Which is why I'm so enthusiastic about Tubberville or Pertersen. The coaches who have spent time under Groh include London, Golden, and Rocco. Grobe graduated from UVA and I think he's too old and fits Wake Forest perfect anyway. Skip Holtz is related to UVA in the fact that the AD at ECU is very close with Craig Littlepage here at UVA. I like Sumlin, I think he would be a baller coach here. I already said I'm down with Tubberville. Butch Jones isn't exciting enough for me. Chip Kelly has no reason to leave UC for this job, he's better off at Notre Dame. Rocco, I don't know much about you but I'm just going to go ahead and give you a thanks but no thanks. Petersen could be solid but I don't see him leaving Boise State to come here.

Current Book: Can I Keep My Jersey? 11 Teams, 5 Countries, and 4 Years in My Life as a Basketball Vagabond - Paul Shirley

Current Track(s): Cortez The Killer - Dave Matthews Band (Live from Central Park)
I Got No Ceilings - Lil' Wayne

A few videos for your viewing pleasure:



I'm a fan of the Saint Bernard



I cannot wait for this to be released. It's a Christmas gift to myself.



Some Holiday music. A remake of a classic.

-'Killa

1 comment:

  1. 'Killa, good takes, as usual. Regarding the XMAS remake, good to see a new generation getting involved. With the exception of a very familiar left handed bass player and a U2 sighting, I had no clue as to who these artists are. I guess that's the way the circle of life rotates, after all.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours,

    The Councilman

    ReplyDelete