Rhythm of Your Shoes

*****************HOOK 'EM HORNS?!***************************





Ok, sorry for the delay, but like my man Randal Hill from The U said, it's not my fault, "I told Craig Erickson, I said listen, 'I don't care what route you just gave me' I said, 'I'm runnin a go route. And you will throw me the ball because I haven't caught a ball all day.' As I ran through the tunnel, I turned around and with my imaginary 6-shooters uh, I shot him down...in cold blood. It wasn't my fault that they built that stadium where there was a tunnel in the endzone that I scored in. It wasn't my fault that the doors were open in that tunnel. It wasn't my fault that it was not illegal for me to run through that tunnel. Don't blame me. You can blame the architecture of that stadium. You can blame the University of Texas for taunting us. You can blame Robert Bailey for setting up the whole thing by knocking the first person out. You can blame Craig Erickson for throwing me the ball. You can blame the defensive back for not being good enough to cover me. It's just not my fault I ran through that tunnel." I blame the Jefferson Ridge Apartment Complex because the internet has been down since Saturday. So now that you get the point, let me get to the point...

Congratulations Dayton on your one and only signature win of the season. You beat Xavier soundly, on national TV, in front of a hyped up crowd. Good work. Jordan Crawford still owns you and Xavier still owns you because if you look up to the ceiling of our respective arenas and look at the banners you will see A-10 Championship Banners and NCAA Tournament Banners in Cintas Center and correct me if I'm wrong you'll see Maui Invitational Banner and that's about it hanging up in that dump of a half-pipe looking arena. I will also say that Xavier fully intends on hoisting another banner this year. Thanks for beating Charlotte last night. That helps Xavier out. Time to get serious, Xavier plays at Florida on Saturday on ESPN at 6pm. The last of a 3-game road stretch. This is a must win in my opinion in order to give Xavier that signature road victory they are missing from their resume at the moment. It won't affect conference standings but it will be huge as far as confidence goes. After having a week off Xavier should be fully prepared to hoop on the national stage and prove once again what we do.

It snowed again this weekend and it was another monster. I am so sick and tired of this crap it's not even funny. I'm definitely kicking myself now for wishing for snow back in December and I'm paying the price dearly. This stuff sucks. However, it was an excuse to get loaded and feel it.

I bought the LeBron documentary, More Than a Game. Like the book it gave me the chills. So unreal. It uses raw footage and great interviews to show how LeBron, Dru Joyce, Sian Cotton, Willie McGee, and Romeo Travis put Akron on the map. Absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend the DVD and book.

My tour of America begins next weekend. I'm headed up to Boston next weekend to get up with the family and watch my brother ball on his senior night and more than likely clinch The Commonwealth Coast Conference title. So if any readers are in the Boston area let me know as I'll be there Friday-Sunday. The following weekend I'm going to the midwest and hitting up the Windy City for a little wedding action. My boy Pete is getting married. So if you're in Chicago I'll be available Friday and Sunday as my flight doesn't leave until like 9pm Sunday night.

Terrelle Pryor had surgery yesterday, he'll be 100% and ready to slap people around by April 1st.

Evan Turner is the best player in college basketball period.

The Cavs are really feeling it going into All-Star break I'm looking forward to seeing what moves they make at the trade deadline. Rumors are swirling that one of the following could be in Cleveland to help LeBron bring a title to C-Town: David West (yes please), Antawn Jamison, or Amare Stoudamire (baddest man).

The NBA All-Star weekend is obviously the best All-Star experience. It kicks off with the celebrity game and Rookie Sophomore Challenge tomorrow night. Then Saturday is the skills competitions including the 3pt contest, ball handling, and the ever popular dunk contest (I got money on Nate Robinson). The game is always a treat.

The Winter Olympics start this weekend with the opening ceremony tomorrow night. I'll be tuning in as it's always a joy to watch America flex its muscles on the world. Lindsey Vonn is an absolute babe.

--'Killa

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey Vonn might not be in it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lindsey vonn will STILL win that shit even with a contusion the size of the state of texas on her shin.

    ReplyDelete