I'm going to try and be a little more thorough with this post as I just hit on a few brief thoughts last week. First, I gotta hit on the weather situation. So a month and a half ago Charlottesville got dumped on with about 30 inches of snow. This past weekend we got hit with about 6 inches. It just started snowing again this afternoon with an anticipated of 4-6 over night. Even more is expected this weekend. The local weatherman is claiming a, "significant amount" of snow is expected. As my co-workers and I researched this the weather map shows 24-30 inches expected this weekend. So in a matter of less than two months Charlottesville has the potential to see 72 inches. If my math is correct that's about 6 feet of snow. Are you freaking kidding me?! What is this? Alaska? Buffalo? Jiminey Christmas. Either way, I still own the snow. I'm basically balling like Jordan Crawford on the snow out here whether it's in my whip or via foot. The snow can't stop me and my agenda I like to keep. Nope. No thanks.
Speaking of Jordan Crawford, Xavier is just laying the wood of late. They took care of the three game homestand by knocking off Rhode Island in a come from behind fashion when Jordan Crawford took over. They then made quick work of Duquesne. Finally, they slapped Fordham around winning 108-60 on Sunday afternoon. Jordan Crawford has been nothing less of spectacular in these three games. He took over and willed the Muskies to victory over Rhode Island. He did what he does against Duquesne. However, it was Kenny Frease who finally played like a guy of his size should play in the A-10. Straight dominance. He recorded his first career double-double after Coach Mack let him know that Xavier is not a place for soft and weak players, not that Kenny is, but with a guy of his size he can easily dominate the competition down low. Jordan Crawford made it look like child's play on Sunday as he dropped 17 in the first half against Fordham and finished with 23. He got to the bucket with ease and recorded a number of "old-fashioned" three point plays. Xavier now enters an extremely brutal stretch at a crucial point in the season. They go to Amherst on Wednesday to play UMASS. Then on Saturday it's up to Dayton to try and ruin that team's season again. They cap it off by going down to Gainesville on the 13th in a nationally televised bout against the Gators. I would love to see X take all three but I'll settle for two. It's such a tough stretch. All away from Cintas and all against formidable foes. It's going to take clamp down defense, super rebounding dominance, and an all out attack on offense. If Xavier even begins to smell blood then they need to go for the kill. One thing we do know about Xavier is that this is their favorite time of year to play. They historically dominate February which in turn leads them to be the great team they always are in March. As long as Xavier continues to play the way they are and continue to get better then everything should be ok as they go into the final stretch of the season and into post season play. Let's take care of business tomorrow night and propel ourselves into a big time matchup on Saturday!
I returned to intramural basketball last night. In a prime-time, west coast, 10:30pm tip "Smokin Trees and Strokin Threes" got a big season opening W. We played against a scrappy squad that went about 15 deep to our 7 deep. In fact we were down by 8 with about 2 minutes to go. We installed a 1-2-1-1 press and scored off turnovers to grab a 52-49 victory. In true Xavier fashion I took a charge with about 15 seconds to go to seal the deal. I was really feeling my return to intramurals. I brought my lunchpail to the AFC and did work on the low block and high post. Look for this team to make plays all season and into the tourney.
Evan Turner is arguably the best college basketball player, if not, he possesses the smoothes game I have ever seen. He just does it all.
The Pro Bowl is bad and I didn't even watch it.
I highly recommend everyone read LeBron's autobiography written with Buzz Bissinger (Friday Night Lights). I also recommend scooping up the documentary as I will do over the next week.
The Grammy's were OK. Dave Matthews Band got robbed in Rock Album of the Year and Album of the Year, but it is what it is. P!nk is the most awful and worst musical artist I have ever seen and heard of. She is garbage. Lady GaGa is really weird.
Do what we do.
Current book: The Blind Side - Michael Lewis
-'Killa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment