I know it's been awhile, and honestly I thought about hanging it up because I was starting to become lazy but with a request from @1421dana I'm going to try and put some stuff out there for your reading pleasure.
To start off my little vacation home was absolutely unreal. Among other things I got it going with some old friends, played golf, hit up two Dave shows, and kept it real. My last night home some X brothers of mine and I really got it going. We started it off watching the US fall to Ghana in the World Cup. It was frustrating because we really had a shot to advance deep, but if anything I think this World Cup really brought to people's attention the often overlooked beautiful game of soccer. It's just a shame we're going to have to wait another 4 years to bring hype for the US. But in the meantime like myself you could research and find a club team to follow or just get down with the Columbus Crew like myself. After we watched the US we really got it going like we used to in the form of a well formed power hour by Hot Rod. Then we hit the arena district and more or less burnt it down in some way shape or form. The highlights of being home outside of seeing the fam and friends were obviously the two Dave shows (thank God I have two more left because I definitely left each show wanting more). The reviews are as follows:
6-22-10 Columbus, Ohio
1. Big Eyed Fish - A very solid song to open with, one of my go to tracks right now
2. Bartender - A concert favorite, wasn't surprised to see the segue
3. Seven - This is my song right now, I really was feeling it at this point
4. Lying in the Hands of God - Not one of my favorites off of BW&TGGK but they have expanded on the jam
5. Funny The Way It Is - Three Big Whiskey tracks in a row, but this song shows how good Big Whiskey is
6. Gravedigger - Full band this song is good, Carter had a solo intro, three laid back songs in a row at this point
7. Why I Am - Another Big Whiskey track but this song has grown on me and the crowd was really into it
8. Dancing Nancies (Take me out to the ballgame tease)- YES INDEED! I love this song live especially with full crowd participation, great song
9. Spaceman - Again, another Big Whiskey track but you can't go wrong with this bad boy
10. Warehouse - BOOM BABY! I love this song live or studio. Such a jam especially during the dog days of summer
11. Typical Situation Tease - Really thought we had magic in the making here, but Dave is Dave
12. You & Me - Another Big Whiskey track but this song is starting to become a gem. Good song
13. Grey Street - Ok Dave, I see ya up there bringing the roof off in Columbus. A crowd pleaser
14. Digging a Ditch - An underrated favorite, cherish hearing this guy live.
15. Shake Me Like A Monkey - Big Whiskey again, but this song is so strong live. Really gets people grooving
16. Jimi Thing - Another live staple. Whaaaaaaaat i need is all around me...
17. Two Step - A concert staple, crowd pleaser, and roof rocker. Yes sir. Columbus was rocking at this point.
Encore Break
18. #40 Tease - Damn, damn, damn someday this song is going to come back in full and when it does, pshew
19. Time Bomb - Big Whiskey ROCKER, love the energy on this guy, but could cause Dave voice problems if played too often
20. HALLOWEEN - WHAT? Are you kidding me. Unreal. A closer that left people speechless.
Overall, pretty solid show, but Cuyahoga Falls was my favorite of the two so far this summer. Like I said, good thing I have two more left because I'm still fully charged to jam HARD.
6-25-10 Cuyahoga Falls, OH
1. Big Eyed Fish - Again, love hearing this open. It allows the band to start it off right.
2. Grace Is Gone - LOVE THIS TRACK. Now I can't say I had any roll in hearing this but I tweeted at Dave, Carter, and Stefan earlier in the day with, "Wouldn't mind hearing Grace Is Gone tonight." Just saying...
3. Seven - I love this song. I was in full jam mode at this point after the raucous ending to Grace Is Gone
4. Stay or Leave - Again, full band this song is very solid. I had to catch my breath at this point
5. Don't Drink The Water - One of my all time favorites, and such a concert staple. Gets the crowd grooving hard
6. #41 - What can you say? This is always going to be in my top 3 live or studio. Such a beautiful concert jam
7. Stand Up (For It) Partial - Thought we were going full song here then...
8. Cornbread (Tease) - Stand Up rolls perfectly here, didn't know what was coming next, stunned at this point
9. Recently (Partial) - The ending jam, I really was almost paralyzed at this point, goosebumps...
10. Eh Hee (tease) - This run was getting out of control, I thought the roof was coming off the pavilion...
11. Squirm - I mean this run of songs segued together had me in the highest jam mode possible, This has been my track for a long time and I really got down at this point
12. Eh Hee - Such a dark jam but so good, that run of 6 songs was out of this world
13. Shake Me LIke A Monkey - At this point you could tell the guys were really having fun up there and the energy was at the highest level.
14. You & Me - Yes Indeed! Finally a song to grab some air and gear up for some BIG MOMENTS ahead.
15. Dancing Nancies - POW POW POW! The energy of the band and crowd at this point was like something I've never seen
16. Warehouse - RUT ROH. The segue from Nancies to Warehouse was flawless, just like the old days and boy oh boy did my row get wild at this point. The Low Rider interpolation was unreal.
17. Can't Stop - A crowd pleaser to those who know this song is unreleased. Really enjoyed hearing this.
18. Cornbread - Dave got buck wild with the dance moves. Timmy lit up his guitar like Christmas Day.
19. Ants Marching - Just look at the high level songs in this set so far. A CLASSIC concert gem. The entire crowd was singing. Boyd got nasty on his solo. Carter did magic on the drums. Unreal
Encore Break
20. Little Red Bird - Dave soloed this and it was very solid, everyone was a buzz with what was coming in the encore
21. So Right - There was a slight Some Devil tease but then the baritone opened up with those familiar cords and the place went ablaze with the light show and Jeff on the sax. I love seeing this song making a comeback
22. So Damn Lucky - Perfect way to end an unreal show. I was screaming for Last Stop but I'll take this. The Thank You jam at the end was priceless. Someone threw a pair of shades on stage, Dave donned them and proceeded to get dirty with some dance moves. The crowd continued to sing as the band increased the ending jam to a grand finale end.
Skip to 2:30 on the above video...
Of all the shows I've been to, and I've been to a lot, but the overall energy felt between the band and crowd made me leaving this show thinking wow, I don't know if I've ever had so much fun at a show. Unreal. Again, so pumped that I have two more to go and who knows, rumors are swirling that they may close out in Charlottesville as they are planning on taking the entire 2011 off. We'll just have to wait and see. See you guys in VA Beach in a few weeks. I'll be in 102 in a UVA BBALL practice jersey ready to jam out. Carter, if you read this, can I get a stick because I'm in stick toss range. Thanks. I will also be going to the DC show three days after VA Beach.
Now back to the game. The game that is the courtship of LeBron. I'm not going to comment a whole lot on this because no one really knows what's going to happen. But a lot has happened over the past couple of days. Bron has met with all the contenders to land him. Right now the rumors are swirling that he's trying to woo Chris Bosh to Cleveland in what most likely would end up being a sign and trade deal. I'm good with this. I would absolutely be willing to get rid of Hickson, Varejao, and Anthony Parker to get Bosh and Turkgolu or someone as well. It could be any combo but if it means Bron stays and we get Bosh then I will seriously celebrate like I've never celebrated before. I've been on the fence about what Bron is going to do ever since that just brutal collapse in the post season. I just hope to God that he stays. I honestly don't know what I'd do if he left. I would still root for the guy that's for sure but it wouldn't be the same. Please stay @kingjames.
Coach Mack filled the opening at assistant with Rasheen Davis from Pitt. Everything I've heard about this guy from @briggs04 is that he couldn't be happier than to be at Xavier. Xavier got a guy who has much respect for X and a guy who's young with connections in NYC. I think X fans are really going to like this addition. I'm certainly fired up. Welcome to Xavier @rasheendavis. We couldn't be happier. Looking forward to seeing you help bring more banners and floss serious bling at the newly revamped Cintas Center (new scoreboard, banner board, and big time screen on the open wall).
The Indians are 16 games under .500. Pathetic. I don't even have a comment at this point in time. I'm sure Reds fans are pretty pumped up right now and to be honest, I'm happy to see them doing well. I really wonder what it's like to sell that cold beer now at GABP. I bet I could make some serious straight if I was still pushing product.
It's been hot as can be in Charlottesville lately. But probably not as hot as Young Guns & Old Men. We are 15-2 after a big time effort this evening. We're really looking to grab that title this year. The Building a Program crew was at the game today (UVA's version of Hard Knocks being shown on Comcast) so my skills will probably be broadcast to the east coast. How do you like me now? Nope, it's all about the team. We. Us. Ours.
JaMarcus Russell. You are a bust. You may find yourself dead like Pimp C if you stay on that syrup.
Mike Vick. Dude what are you doing? Seriously. You're done. Nice comeback buddy. Way to take advantage of a second chance.
I picked the Netherlands over Spain in the World Cup. Looking to rake in this little pool I'm in. Do it for me ORANGE.
I'm on week 13 of p90x. Which means it's the last week. It's done wonders and I'm looking forward to keeping myself in this shape I'm in by more or less going rogue and mixing and matching a couple different DVDs. This program works and I highly recommend it to anyone who can commit themselves.
Training camp is fast approaching. Am I ready? Not yet. But I'm looking forward to football. Stay tuned as I plan on trying to do another daily recap through everyday of camp.
Keep it real. Do what we do. Hold it down.
-'Killa
PS - Nice schedule once again Dayton. Weak non-conference like always. That's why you always catch a beat down. That's why you're fake and not a real program. That's why you host NCAA games and don't play in them. That's why Xavier owns you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment