Again, sorry for the long time in between posts but with it being summer I just haven't had the desire to sit down and write especially when I've been busy just trying to enjoy my summer. Anyways, I'll be touching on a number of subjects in this bad boy. First of all, I have completed P90X. Such an accomplishment. It really whipped me into shape and I enjoyed the muscle confusion aspect of the workouts. Importantly I really like how it has made me change my eating habits. I'm eating healthier than ever before and really watching what I eat. That's the best part about the workout. Well that and the personal satisfaction you get when completing the grueling 13-week program. The first couple of weeks really kicked my ass. Then as we moved toward the middle of the program I was really fired up each day to keep working. I'll be honest, by the end, I wasn't taking a great approach to the workouts. I was more or less just trying to finish the program. Probably a bad move on my part, but I still finished it. So boom. I'm currently just firing off 5 mile runs and throwing in the Ab-Ripper X in a few days a week. I will occasionally drop a upper body or core workout DVD in from P90X. With football approaching I plan on just staying in healthy shape as football takes up all of my life for at least 4 months. Things I'm looking to try out are swimming and a yoga class of some sort. Trust me, the yoga workout from P90X was an ass kicker. Damn.
Moving forward, just like last post, I gotta do my reviews of the two Dave shows I hit up last week. Basically, all I can say is it was an incredible way to wrap up the summer. Absolutely flawless. If you don't want to read the following you can A. skip it or B. Go to my twitter account and look at the tweets i made about each song. Let me start with the Virginia Beach show.
VA Beach - 7.20.2010
Minarets (tease) - No joke, I had a minor cardiac arrest when Dave played the first verse. Wow. I really thought it was going down.
Pantala Naga Pampa >> Rapunzel - A classic concert song. They jam out and it all crescendos into a big time just flawless ending jam. I was really in the zone from the get go.
Big Eyed Fish - This song has probably become my DMB song of the summer. A nice little diddy from the Busted Stuff album and really can segue into anything.
Warehouse - As you guys all know, this is my jam. The island feel of the chorus and ending jam just do it for me. Such a summer blast. This concert was really off to a blazin start.
Stay or Leave - A song from the Some Devil Dave solo album. It's pretty solid and full band it certainly is nice. A good time to catch a breather at this point.
Seven - Certainly a favorite of mine from Big Whiskey. I just love the lyrics, the song, and the Tim solo. Everything about this song makes it good.
SAY GOODBYE - Easily a top 7 song for me. Off the Crash album. Carter's solo intro with the Jeff flute accompiant is priceless. Man what a song. I was singing at full blast.
Funny The Way It Is - Solid spot for this song. I mean this song was the reason I knew Big Whiskey would be money. A crowd favorite as well. A lot of energy here.
Everyday - You can't go wrong with this song at a show. I was hoping for a little #36 outro, but that wasn't meant to be.
Shake Me LIke A Monkey - A high energy song and another one of my favorites off of Big Whiskey. The energy they bring with this song is just awesome.
Dancing Nancies - YES YES AND YES! Seriously, this song live, it can't get much better. I love the crowd interaction. I love Boyd's solo and the on stage battles he has with Dave or Stefan. Unreal.
Crash Into Me - Obviously this got a huge reception from the crowd as everyone knows this song. Everyone was singing along. The Dixie Chicken interpolation is as classic as anything.
Corn Bread - The roof was blowing off at this point. Timmy laid down a sick solo. DAve was doing his dance moves. I was breaking it down. I wish this song was on a studio album.
Don't Drink The Water - Pretty much a concert staple here and rightfully so. It just JAMS.
Squirm - This song is right up there with Seven as my favorite off of Big Whiskey. I just love the way it sounds and just packs so much energy during the chorus.
Granny - A rarity and a goody. I was belting out along with DAve during this song. Unreal. Again, a classic, unreleased track. But so so good.
Digging A Ditch (tease) - Just play it already Dave. Damn
You & Me - This song has grown on me ever since the Big Whiskey album came out and I really do like this song.
Ants Marching - Well, what can you say? This song defines DMB and if you don't think so, then you must be crazy. It's probably the most played and most well known song. The crowd was in full participation at this point. Boyd ripped it as Carter just went crazy on the drums. Unreal.
Encore Break
Sister - A nice little Dave solo moment here.
Time Bomb - Again, just a testament to why Big Whiskey is so good. I really don't have a song I dislike off that album. Hearing this song live is just crazy. If played too much Dave's voice will be shot, so I like how they keep it to a minimum
Stefan Solo >> All Along The Watchtower - Wow. WOW. WOW. The most well known covered song by the fellas and man it's such an awesome way to close out a nearly perfect night. Wow. Anytime you get this as a closer you just know you got a great show.
Nationals Ballpark 7.23.10
It was hot, hoT, hOT, HOT! Wow. But I'll tell you what, I was so close to the stage I mine as well should've been up there jamming with the boys. Absolutely an unreal experience to close out my four shows of the summer and potentially until 2012 as they have announced they're taking all of 2011 off. So I went hard for this show and they did not disappoint. I knew it was oging to be special when I saw Carter before hand rocking a Mikell Simpson jersey and he gave me a shout out as I was donned in my UVA men's basketball practice jersey. WOW. Pretty much made my night. Zac Brown Band opened up and absolutely killed it. They are definitely now heavy in my music library. Great stuff by them and they got it started right.
Big Eyed Fish - 4 for 4 with this bad boy this summer and like I said, pretty much my DMB track of the summer. Perfect.
Pantala Naga Pampa >> Rapunzel - Look above. This song just starts shows off right.
Seven - You know the drill. I rocked out hard at this point.
Lying In The Hands of God - Probably the one song off of Big Whiskey I'm not completely on board with. But, Jeff did rip up his solo. Pretty stellar.
Still Water >> Don't Drink The Water - Again, just a concert staple and just brings the crowd energy to a whole 'nother level.
One Sweet World - A nice little diddy from back in the day. A good song to just jam to.
Proudest Monkey (tease) - DAMN. DAve did the first verse solo and I really thought we were gonna get a full band mix in but it lead right into...
Satellite - A CLASSIC off of Under The Table and Dreaming. This is actually only the second time I've heard this song in my concert history with DMB. Really enjoyed this. There was a full moon over the stadium too at this point. Pretty cool.
Stay or Leave - This song makes me think of fall. Probably why I listen to Some Devil solely in the month of October/November.
You Might Die Trying - The album Stand Up has been pretty quiet of late. But this song is pretty fun live. Jammed out.
Funny How Time Slips Away - Zac Brown guested with Dave on this nice little chill Willie Nelson cover. Really good stuff. They did a Lie in Our Graves interpolation mid song that had me losing my mind because I really thought they would segue right into it, but not the case.
Funny The Way It Is - Crowd really roared when they heard this jam.
Break For It - An unrealsed track but with a lot of lore as it was sound checked once back in teh day but apparently the band has been working on it enough to play it live. Unreal. Perhaps signs of some studio work in 2011?!
Jimi Thing - I'm so glad I got this baby once this summer. Classic. The Sexy M.F. ending was awesome. The entire crowd was singing along and just jamming hard.
Shake Me Like A MOnkey - Really high energy level at this point.
So Damn Lucky - Full band this song is so money. The ending jam is just so right. The Digging a Ditch and Dreamgirl interpolations were awesome. We tried to get them to go into the Thank You outro but negative.
You & Me - A nice little slow jam for what was about to come...
Two Step - Wow. They really went at it at this point. Crowd was really into it. People jamming everywhere. Band going nuts.
Encore Break
Sister - Again, very stellar as a Dave solo spot.
Corn Bread - Carter did a long intro that almost sounded like Say Goodbye. Timmy ripped it. Dave made bizarre facial expressions and jammed hard.
Ants Marching - Crowd lost all control at this moment. Boyd really blasted his violin. Carter amazed on the drums. Perfect way to end my four show summer. perfect. Thanks fellas for a good run this summer. Maybe see you guys in the fall/winter as a tour is rumored to close the year out before you guys go MIA for a year. None the less. You guys never cease to disappoint. You have been on point all summer long. Keep it up.
Spain won the World Cup. Big ups to them. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to become a backer of Real Madrid because I really became a fan of Sergio Ramos throughout the Cup.
LeBron went to Miami with Dwayne Wade and Bosh. He had a right to make his own decision but the way he did it really chapped my ass. 'Bron, I'm sorry the Cavs didn't do enough to keep you in Cleveland. I just want you to know what you and Bosh did though really hurts the NBA. I think we are now going to see a trend over the next couple of years of teams forming with 2-3 super stars and everyone else being non factors. It's really going to hurt. It will be hilarious if Kobe gets #6 this year. You know he's seething at the mouth for the challenge. Good luck Mamba. You will have the ultimate respect and ultimate legend if you do it this year.
Football is approaching. Which means training camp. Which means I plan on trying to do a daily blog of camp from Charlottesville. I'll do my best to explain any and all beats I experience. Talk about what's going on in camp in terms of dudes making plays and how UVA is looking. I'll probably toss in my two cents about Ohio State and the Browns as well. Really looking forward to football season. August is the worst part. Cannot wait to whoop that ass against Richmond on September 4th. I'm going to be real fired up for that game.
The Indians had a nice little win streak but they have reverted to form. Bad.
TO signed with the Bengals today. Looking forward to watching that backfire.
-'Killa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i was trying to find the colon cleanse diary article and I noticed youre still posting. then i decided to read. then i realized you were doing p90x, which i grew mentally unstable of after 30 days. i dont know if it was because tony horton is a giant douchebag or if i just got burnt out from falling asleep during the yoga. i still do kenpo from time to time.
ReplyDeleteregardless i once busted my nose while doing p90x so dont feel too down on yourself. i was doing star blocks and my fist came right across the bridge of my nose and instablood.