Poseidon Look At Me

Finally some money weather hit central Virginia this spring. It has literally been raining almost every single day since the middle of March. No joke, maybe about 7 days worthy of dropping the windows, rocking the shades, and pumping the hottest tracks. That being said, in celebration of a great day in Charlottesville I donned a jersey. I mean is it even a question? If I could wear a jersey everyday it’s nice out like today I would do so. I flossed a jersey new to my collection, a UVA basketball practice jersey. Fitting since I went to the UVA first round LAX tournament game. (They smoked ‘Nova) In deed ‘Nova was too small today. Moving forward, I hope everyone has the opportunity to get some good jersey action in this summer. I definitely plan on being poolside most weekends sporting a jersey.

Moving forward, let’s get some Xavier updates…

Actually before I hit that, it excites me that Coach Mack will continue the dominance of Dayton. Appears as though Coach Miller isn’t the only guy with mad hate for Dayton. Check out what Mack did 19 years ago while playing at Evansville (prior to transferring to Xavier). During a game against Dayton, Mack threw the ball into the face of Flyers center Wes Coffee, who was standing a few feet away from Mack as he attempted to throw an inbounds pass from the baseline. The ball hit Coffee squarely in the nose and mouth, splitting his lip and causing his eyes to water. Mack was whistled for a technical foul and a brawl nearly ensued.  (Courtesy of Rivals.com)

By now everyone should be aware of the fact that Derrick Brown put his name in the hat for the NBA draft. He didn’t hire an agent meaning he can still come back. It has been widely talked about that he will return if he is not guaranteed to go in the first round. I’m not going to bash Derrick’s game because I think each year he has gotten better. His outside game this past season was a great improvement. I still think he has some things to work out i.e. defense, ball handling, and overall quickness. That being said, he is a great athlete and the type of player that NBA franchises love going after. Remember Tyrus Thomas formerly of LSU and now solid player for the Bulls. Derrick Brown is basically like a Tyrus Thomas in terms of athletic ability and upside. I still think Derrick’s game now is far from where Thomas’ game was when he rolled out of the Bayou. Derrick has already got his degree and he has nothing more to take care of classroom wise. Derrick definitely is not going to get his masters in a year and I can tell you school isn’t a priority for Derrick. With the type of money that could be coming his way it wouldn’t surprise me to see him leave. But, he can vastly benefit from another year at Xavier. This year’s team will more and less be Derrick’s team. Given the schedule it will also allow Derrick to potentially shine in big time moments (Wake Forest, Butler, LSU, Kansas State, Florida, among others). The word out of Xavier is Derrick is doing everything possible to try and secure that coveted first round selection and a 3-year guaranteed contract in the League. Reports out of the NBA and scouts have him as an early to mid-second round pick. So if you go by the formula Derrick will be back next year. But, who’s to say that’s true. Until he officially says he’s back then all we can do is hope he comes back.

The NBA playoffs have been nothing short of phenomenal. I have been so in tune to almost every series. I love the physicality of the LA and Houston series. Like I said before the Celtics and Bulls series was UNREAL. The Magic and Celtics series is also one I enjoy watching. I do think that if the Magic had Jameer Nelson they would be handing it to the Celtics. Rondo has been unreal though. I never would’ve thought that he would have the NBA career he is currently having. The Cavs are absolutely punishing anything in their way of that title ring. LeBron has played like the MVP. His game 3 against the Hawks was awesome. It’s so nice to see how loose the Cavs are playing and their chemistry as a team. Being a ‘Melo guy, I have loved what the Nuggets are doing. Earlier, I thought it was a lock to see an LA and Cavs Finals matchup. Now, I’m not so sure. The way the Nuggets are playing I think they can pose as a legitimate threat to come out of the West.

For those of us that loved getting bombed by taking bombs check out what my main man Kyle "I Own the Mountains of Colorado" F. sent me in an e-mail.

The LeBron Bomb aka LeBomb James:
A shot of Crown dropped into Red Bull while taking a pack of Splenda sugar and throwing it in the air a la The King Himself.  One question, do you toss the Splenda before or after taking the bomb?

I'm actually going to do this.  I can't wait to see how it works out.

This reminds me of freshman year at Xavier when we had LeBong James in the triple.  Arguably the best beer bong ever constructed until it was confiscated by stupid Kathleen.  

This was then...


This is now...


War Sunday Funday.
-'Killa

2 comments:

  1. Doc,

    Let me start by saying that you are for sure carrying this blog right now. Side note, sammich has been doing the things too, props. (Browns clap). I will be helping you out here shortly as we will have a "Things That Are BAD" tourney soon.

    Just a quick comment today on your post Doc. You mention that if Jameer Nelson was in this series against the Celtics that the Dwight Howard's would be handing it to Boston. While I agree with this assessment on the current series, it is completely necessary to throw the possibilty of Garnett being out there changing the entire dynamic of the Eastern Conference Playoffs around. As much as I would like to delve further into this topic I wont because I am a lazy craphead.

    NUH NUH NUH GONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Point well taken and agreed Doc. I keep forgetting The Kid is injured. I definitely think with him in the mix it could be a very interesting Eastern Conference run.

    ReplyDelete