Well as we are about to embark on another weekend here at Xavier we need to take note of a few things. First, this marks family weekend here at X, which also means Muskie Madness, free booze and food from the parents, and yet another wonderful weekend of college football. Most importantly however is the announcement that Johnny Mazza has made the basketball team here at X. I could not be happier for him and I hope X can tony smack a lit this year so J Mazz can get some face time.
Now on to college football. Last weekend was a great week for college football that would have been even better had the Irish been able to beat SC and had Razorbacks been able to knock off Timmy down in the Swamp. Now lets look to the week ahead.
Minnesota @ OSU. While I understand that TP has been having some trouble of late I feel as though Minnesota is just that bad that they wont be able to stick with the buckeyes. It pains me to even pick them to cover this weekend, but this has all the makings of a classic bounce back game for the luckeyes. OSU -16.5
Arkansas @ Ole Miss. While I am an admitted bandwagon Rebels fan, they might be the most overrated team in the country this year. However Houston Nutt is going to be coaching against his former team that has seemed to move on quite nicely without him after destroying Auburn a couple weeks ago and a near upset bid at Florida last week. I think Jevan Snead just sucks too much for them to cover this weekend as he may be the most overrated QB in the country, much like his team. Arkansas +6.5
Maryland @ Duke. No no folks, it's not basketball season, but Duke is just tough at home, and to be quite honest the Terps are garbage. I like Cutcliffe for Duke considering he groomed Peyton Manning into one of the best QB'S ever, and I playing at Duke isnt easy, just ask Virginia Tech.
Duke -5
Florida @ Mississippi State. Florida is out to prove a lot after a big scare last week at home. The Gators have not won at MSU in their last 4 tries, but that streak is about to come to a screeching hault in a big way. I think Timmy is finally healthy from the concussion and he will really do it to the bulldogs of MSU this weekend. Florida -23.
BC @ ND. Well after last weeks emotional roller coaster for the Irish against SC there has been a lot of talk about a let down. I just dont see it coming. BC has a very solid running game and a pretty good secondary, however Jimmy and the boys will be just fine. In the locker room after the loss to SC Jimmy is rumored to have proclaimed that this team will never lose again, and you know what? I am drinking that kool-aid. Coach Weis has a team that has more heart in it than I have been watching ND football, and I fully expect the team to be more than ready to Danza Smack the BC. ND-7.5.
Holla Man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIhm94a-8SE
p.s. NASCAR is dumb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
gallagher what's good homie?! I was wondering if I could get a UVA pick em sometime. I'm curious to see someone's opinion from outside the program...
ReplyDeletedo what you do. t-good
Gaskill, I was looking at the line for the Virginia- Ga Tech game this week and to be honest I would probably take Ga Tech- -5.5 on the road. I really just wanted one more weekend to see how far UVA has come over the past week, and I believe that this will be the weekend for me to decide what way the season is going to go.
ReplyDelete