I don't even know where to begin. I have a lot I need to hit on before I bust out of Charlottesville for Christmas in Columbus. I guess first and foremost I'm going to have to hit on the blizzard that attacked this city with some serious force. It started snowing around 5pm on Friday and didn't stop until late Saturday night. I would say there is easily 30 inches of snow on the ground. By far and away the most snow I've ever seen in my life. Here is an excerpt of an e-mail I sent to my college buddies yesterday morning. Disclaimer, try not to pay too much attention to the attempted free-style I dropped. White Girl (remix)- Young Jeezy was the inspiration for the few lines I dropped...
"You know we got that white girl, that fresh snow powder My car is so covered, baby where the plow at? I'm talking 24 inches shovels can't stop it They know we can't drive in the streets so I walk it You know we got that white girl, that fresh snow powder My car is so covered, baby where the plow at? I'm talking 24 inches shovels can't stop it They know we can't drive in the streets so I walk it
Fellas, I'm telling you guys, there is so much snow here and it's still snowing. No joke, there is 24+ inches out there with no end in sight. I actually can't even see my whip outside. But, do you think this stops my style? No. I walked from my apartment to my buddy's house last night. Probably a little over a mile At that point in time there was 4 or 5 inches of snow. I just flossed Bud Light, heat, and my ipod. Real legit. We drank beers all night and felt real good. Big shout out to Villanova for winning the FCS! That's what I'm talking about. Steph Curry is the real deal. So I woke up this morning to 24+ inches with it still snowing on Charlottesville. This town is completely shut down. But my phone was dying so I had to walk back to my spot. I did so. Strapped the ipod on, grabbed a bottle of water and was on my way. No joke, at some points in my walk when I wasn't able to walk through the tracks where cars had driven snow was above my knees. So here I sit, scheming my day. It looks like after I feast and recover I'm going to hike back to Chris' for the rest of the day/night as we're expecting another 12 inches of the white stuff. Obviously gonna view X. Gonna view bowl games. Gonna view the Saints danza the Homos. Gonna get D. Gonna heat. I'm going to represent for you guys. Hopefully I can get out of here on tuesday. May be a bad break if I can't leave."
So that e-mail should sum up my weekend. I spent the rest of the afternoon at my buddy's house. We watched any and all events that were on TV, we watched Christmas Vacation, we listened to Christmas music, we drank beer, we had a fire, we grilled out, we through a bottle of liquor on the fire, and we posted. Unfortunately the Homos won, pretty dumb if you ask me. I've been feeling the Saints this year. But I think this loss is ok for them. It's going to allow them to refocus and maybe get it going in the playoffs. Don't worry Mercury Morris, the Colts are still undefeated and they're coming for ya. We also watched the Xavier game...
Now let me say this, I'm sure most of the readers of this blog saw the game or saw what happened on Sportscenter. There was some controversy at the end. It is what it is. First of all, that was a horseshit way to end a game and the refs definitely got that deal wrong without giving Xavier a chance. I mean how are you going to call on a clock operator error in favor of the home team. Absolutely garbage. But, I'm going to say this, Xavier had plenty of opportunities to win that game. There should've never been the opportunity for the refs to end that game. Xavier never should've let the game get into the ref's hands. A little more toughness a little less selfishness and Xavier wins that game. Which brings me to my final point. I'm pretty sure Coach Mack doesn't have control of that team. There are three constant offenders who just seem to be completely out of control. Jordan Crawford, the guy is just selfish and at times is way more concerned with his stats than the team. Mark Lyons, dude shut up and play. Kenny Frease, soft, weak, can't control emotions, terrible foul shooter. My thing is this, if Xavier would realize it and recognize that the way they played in the second half yesterday is winning basketball. If they show up like that ever game for 40 minutes then I wouldn't have to voice my frustrations with this team on a weekly basis. So until they have some consistency and start proving me wrong then I'm going to continue make people face facts and those facts are this team just isn't very good right now.
Ohio State beat Delaware State. There was like no one at the game. Columbus let me ask you this. Can you for once take your heads out of your asses and support the basketball team. I know football is what Columbus cares about but that basketball program is pretty good and is going to be getting better. No one seems to want to support the program. I mean this is a large city with no NBA team. The Buckeyes are the only basketball in the city, why not go and support the team? Pretty simple if you ask me. It's not like they are a bad team, they have been in the top 25 ever since Matta has been there.
Bowl games are in effect, here are my picks:
Fresno State
Rutgers
Southern Miss
Oregon State
Cal
Nevada
Ohio
Pitt
USC
Clemson
Georgia
Temple
The U
Bowling Green
Nebraska
Houston
Stanford
Missouri
Minnesota
Virginia Tech
Auburn
Florida State
LSU
The Ohio State University
Florida
South Florida
UCONN
Oklahoma State
Arkansas
Texas Tech
TCU
Georgia Tech
Central Michigan
'Bama
The Browns won their second game in a row! Unreal. Josh Cribbs is the man. He had two returns for touchdowns setting the NFL record at 8 returns for TDers. PAY THE MAN CLEVELAND! IF YOU LET HIM LEAVE OR DON'T PAY HIM I WILL PERSONALLY COME TO CLEVELAND AND RAISE HELL. Jerome "Ghost" Harrison had a heck of a game! Dude rushed for 286 yards and 3 TDs. I love the Browns, but I hate Mangini.
A commercial that I find hilarious:
The next time I drop a blog will be after Christmas. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everyone
-'Killa
'Killa, "Well the weather outside is..." Sounds as if you had things well in hand.. bud light, whiskey to waste/throw on the fire.. good posting viewing options... etc. I am sure your parents would be proud of your self preservation skills. Well done, Luke Skywalker. All for now, Merry XMAS,
ReplyDeleteTHE COUNCILMAN