New week, new sets and reps, new smelling salts, new deam-ness, and most importantly always carpe deam-ing. That's seizing the deam for those of you who aren't down. I've moved into week two of P90X. Last week I was incredibly sore. Some mornings I really wondered if I would be able to get myself out of bed. That sore. But, let me tell you, these workouts are incredibly legit and high level. I can honestly tell you that I do see some results and I feel some results. The main thing besides getting dominated in the workouts is I've really put in a big effort to eat as healthy as possible. I did some research as far as what I need to be eating and I am now looking for low fat foods, vegetables, and fruits. I feel a new sense of energy and after the workouts I'm feeling a new sensation of accomplishment, like, "man that workout may have killed me but man I'm feeling good." So a week deep I can say I support P90X and I love it.
Big sports weekend again in Charlottesville. First, baseball was playing host to the Hokies. We took two of three from them. We should've had the brooms out but a lack of poise in the 9th inning yesterday resulted in the loss. With a painful loss to VMI mid-week we dropped to #2, but we're still feeling it on the diamond. Lacrosse was set-up to have a high level performance. Night game at home against #5 Puke was setting up for a big time win to stay undefeated. We jumped out to a 3-0 lead, then fell behind 5-3, then we went up 6-5 at half. Unfortunately the wheels fell off in the second half. I saw this coming as in the past couple of games it seems like we got complacent at times in the second halves and this time it caught up to us and we ended up losing 13-9 to Duke. In fact it was Duke's 8th straight win over the Wahoos. Let's go fellas, we're approaching crunch time and it would be really wavy to bring home the big time hard wood as we pursue a Director's Cup title here in Charlottesville.
The NBA playoffs are here and I couldn't be any happier. The NBA Playoffs are the true definition of journey. Only the strong survive in these playoffs. Obviously I'm going to hit on the Cavs. They took game one pretty handly winning by 13. We didn't shoot the three-ball well which hurt us a bit in the second half when we let a 22 point lead slip to only a 7 point lead but LeBron did what he had to do and we got the W. The Bulls are fiesty but there is just absolutely no way this series should be even remotely close. It should be a sweep like the Indians swept the White Sox this past weekend to continue Cleveland's dominance of Chicago. If the Cavs are stroking from deep then the playoffs shouldn't be a problem. They have enough legit big men to stay out of foul trouble and we all know they have the King. Again, I think the Cavs should be in the Finals against whoever comes out of the west (complete crap shoot, I like the Mavericks to come out of the west). Ok, I officially am not down with the Celtics. Their act has gotten old and it has got to go. Guys, your run was nice a few years ago but outside of Boston, no one cares anymore. I'm glad KG got the one game ban, he deserved that for that 'bow he dropped on Q. It would just be unreal if the Heat got that series. Also in a perfect world the Bobcats would beat the Magic but that's about as likely as me winning the lottery aka 0.07% chance. Anyways, everyone feel free to enjoy 40 Games in 40 Nights.
It's NFL draft time, again, I have one thing to say to the Browns, draft Eric Berry at seven and then fire off Colt McCoy at 38. If you guys do that I will celebrate like none other (I'd like to thank @getemCC for the following video, her tweet game is weak but she did show me this)...
Speaking of celebrating, Foxfield is less than 5 days away. Foxfield, combine Pig Roast, mix in some Derby, put on some DEAM gear, get some beer, some nice weather, and there you go. Foxfield. Yup, that's this Saturday. I got some homies coming in town for the all day event: DL (@dlorentz12, his tweet game is OFFICIAL), Jay, Cam, and Billy. Expect a big time post about this coming weekend's events next week.
Joakim Noah, you suck. I hate your garbage game. I hate your act. I think you're full of crap. How bad do you want to get embarrassed? By not speaking to LeBron you won't be fully embarrassed. By opening your trap and chirping at the King, well since you are merely a serf without any land in LeBron's Kingdom you will most likely be hung, stoned, and torched and possibly shot with a bow and arrow. So, I suggest you shut up, move along, and cut the crap.
-'Killa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
can't see the vid.
ReplyDeletethat's a bad break, probably the best youtube video out there...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2MOiEnnF8