Seek Up

Sorry for the lateness of this post. I've been caught up in a lot of extra curricular activities that have limited me from putting some thoughts down.

First of all I am well into week three of P90X and I'm loving it. The workouts are still kicking my butt, but I can feel myself getting into shape and the body is starting to react to the workouts in a positive way i.e. the ab-ripperX is shaping the beach body for some future pool action at the Jefferson Ridge Pool. Next week is what's called a recovery week and then week five will focus on working the muscles in a completely different way. A guy I know who has completed the program says if I can make it through week five then I'll be good to go. He said to that I'll need to brace myself for some more intense sore-ness as the muscles will not be used to the exercises, hence the muscle confusion method of P90X. I have nothing but positive things to say about P90X so far. Other than brief moments when I want to rip Tony Horton's head off his body, I'm feeling the program so far. A huge plus of the program is I've really been watching my eating habits and what I'm eating. I can really feel a difference. In the words of the P90X DVDs...BRING IT.

Once again UVA athletics are getting it done. Let me tell you about hanging banners and slinging bling. While that's what Xavier does in Cintas it's also what UVA does. This past weekend UVA athletics captured ACC Titles 100, 101, and 102. UVA has claimed 7 ACC titles this year (Men's LaCrosse, Rowing, Men's Tennis, Men's Soccer, Men's Swimming and Diving, Wrestling, and Women's Swimming and Diving). Baseball and Softball are still alive and well in the hunt to win titles as well so it could potentially be nine before it's done. In addition, to Men's soccer won the National Title this year. Both Baseball, Men's LaCrosse, Men's Tennis, and rowing could bring more 'Ships to Charlottesville which in turn would make us ultimate contenders for the Director's Cup. Boom.

Keeping with athletics I need to hit on the Browns and the draft. It was quite a frustrating couple of days for myself. But, I guess that's why I am not the President, GM, or coach of the Browns because while I seem to think I know what I'm doing I probably don't. I got full trust in Mike Holmgren and his decision making. The Browns took Joe Haden, a DB from Florida at #7. They then took a safety, TJ Ward, from Oregon and Eric Hardesty a RB from Tennessee in the second round. At that point I was fuming because the Browns had passed up twice on Colt McCoy. However, the Browns did make big time plays and get the steal of the draft in Colt McCoy in the third round. This in turn made me happy. The Browns continued to select solid dudes as the draft concluded on Saturday. I should also note that UVA had guys go to teams:

Chris Cook, DB, Minnesota Vikings (34th overall)
Denzel Burrell, LB, Browns
Jameel Sewell, ATH, Dolphins
Vic Hall, ATH, Bears
Will Barker, OL, Cowboys
Mikell Simpson, RB, Bengals
Rashawn Jackson, FB, Panthers
Nate Collins, DL, Giants

The NBA Playoffs are in full effect. Looks like the east and west are wrapping up the first round. The Cavs will be facing the Celtics in one of the Eastern Semi's. Meanwhile, the Magic are awaiting the outcome of the Milwaukee Bucks and Hawks. I gotta think the Hawks advance. Moving forward, LeBron had better be healthy (me over reacting to his elbow injury) because I really would like to see the Cavs danza the Celtics. I'm tired of their act. I just cannot get down with Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, Perkins, and Allen. The Magic and Hawks series would be very interesting. If the Magic even want to think about going to the eastern conference finals then Dwight Howard should probably get his act together. If not, the Hawks will mow 'em down. Looking at the West, it's been nothing short of exciting. There appears to be a rivalry brewing between the Lakers and the Thunder. Even if the Thunder don't beat the Lakers you have to think that team is going to be very good in the future. Westbrook and Durantula are nasty. The Nuggets are in a must win scenario tonight. I never saw this coming expecially with the health issues of the Jazz, none the less, that's why only the strong survive in the playoffs. The Suns are looking nice. I think it's absolutely absurd that Brandon Roy is trying to rally his team. If he does, than props to him, if not and he injures himself even further than he's an idiot. The Mavericks and Spurs series has been exciting as well. I still like the Mavs to advance especially if they get some big time efforts from Caron Butler. Looking at it now, I'm going with the Mavs to advance, Nuggets in seven, Lakers in six, and Suns in seven.

Ok, finally I get to talk about Foxfield 2010. It was indeed an epic weekend. DL, Billy, and Log made the trip east for a little afternoon at Foxfield. We hit the scene briefly Friday night to warm ourselves up for Saturday. After an early rise on Saturday we drove through the rain to Foxfield. The rain let up just as the gates opened and before we knew it, there was no rain, our plot was set up (after a flustered gay guy and his girl friends moved into their prop plot spot and out of our spot), and beer pong was going. Everyone was dressed to the nines, the music was bumping, the PBR and High Life was flowing, and the Xavier boys were making examples of everyone on the beer pong table. Let it be known that anyone associated with Xavier had an unblemished record on the pong table. Dominance. We mingled, we drank, we enjoyed ourselves, and paced ourselves perfectly. We returned back to my spot to gather ourselves with a brief rest, food, and hydration. We then returned to the scene and closed out Foxfield to the maximum. I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a raging success. I'll take RSVP's now for Foxfield 2011 if anyone is willing to commit.

I'm headed to Houston for the weekend. I'll report back with a more timely post next week. Oh and by the way, Old Men & Young Guns (softball squad) remains undefeated. Pow.

-'Killa

No comments:

Post a Comment