Grown

Stop baby, what's that sound, everybody look what's going down...

What's going down is I'm on week four of P90X and still loving it. This week is deemed a recovery week. I opened up with Yoga tonight. Man this workout gets me every time. It's 92 minutes long and literally the first 45 minutes is INTENSE. I'm in a full body sweat and breathing very hard by the time the first phase is done. Believe it or not afterwards, I feel like I got a great workout in. I'm still watching what I eat and I can really tell a difference in my energy among other things. Healthy eating habits have definitely helped me get acclamated to the hardcore workout that is P90X. Next week is when the real test kicks in. I've been told if I make it through week 5 I'll be good to go.

I went down to Houston this past weekend to visit Douglas Shoulder Pads. A bunch of us equipment guys got together, talked shoulder pads, helmets, and some other order of business but we mostly just really felt the flow. The highlight is obviously the Crawfish Boil on Saturday. Just a full day party of feasting on fresh bugs from New Orleans (2000 POUNDS to be exact). The crawfish are boiled in a mixture of water, lemon juice, spices, corn, potatoes, and sausage. Basically you rip the torso from the head and just suck the meat out. Absolutely unreal. The later the batch the spicer. Hence the fresh cold beer on tap. We took in a couple of different bars in the Houston area. I really have to suggest to anyone in the Houston area check out Sawyer Park sports bar. This place was the definition of ON DEAM. Great service. Great food. Great drinks. Great music. Great tvs. GREAT BODIES.

LeBron James captured his second MVP award. I really need to hit on this because of how important LeBron is. LeBron not only is the MVP of the NBA but he's the MVP of Northeast Ohio. He puts on for his city more than anyone I've ever seen. Seriously, I want everyone to think about where the Cavs and literally Cleveland and Akron would be if LeBron would be playing elsewhere. I can tell you this the Cavs fold, the city of Cleveland could literally crumble, and Akron just becomes known as the city where LeBron grew up and no longer the city he put on the map. LeBron is going to keep winning MVPs because well he's the King and he does what he wants when he wants. I hope to God he stays in Cleveland which is why winning the NBA Title this year is so important. Winning his first title I believe is going to send 'Bron to another level. He'll get that monkey off his back and beginning creating a whole new monster as he will really begin to set his legacy as possible the greatest of all time. Thanks LeBron for another great season.

"I'm just a little kid from Akron." - LeBron James

I'm writing this week with a heavy heart. Tragedy struck the UVA community today as word broke of arguably the most tragic thing that could happen to an athletic department. Early this morning a men's lacrosse player was charged with first degree murder in the death of a female lacrosse player. George Huguley is being held in a regional jail and is charged with murder for the death of Yeardley Love. Both were seniors at UVA. At this time there is limited information available. Certainly this is a black cloud over the university, athletic department, and lacrosse as a whole as it seemed like the sport had finally recovered from the Duke incident a few years ago. I would like to send my thoughts and prayers out to the family of Yeardley Love. This is a terrible terrible thing.

UVA baseball did bring the brooms out and swept Duke this weekend. The men's lacrosse team celebrated senior day in true fashion in stifling the nation's top offense and drumming Robert Morris.

The following is the 2010 World Cup theme song and making an early push as my song of the summer...



I'm headed up to Annapolis, Maryland tomorrow for our district meeting and some golf. This will be the debut of my sticks this year. Probably going to be a lot of balls going right and nowhere near the fairway or green.

-'Killa

1 comment:

  1. 'Killa,

    As a long standing afficianado of the epicurean delight known as crawdidlies, I share your new found fondness. Back in the day, we would catch the wiley bastards in the Courtois River in the Ozarks and prepare them as mentioned above on the shoreline. In the interest of full disclosure, a plethera of pull tab King of Beers would be knocked back during the catch, preparation and consumption phases.

    The Councilman

    ps, As I heard on a radio station in New Orlans, "Do you suck the head of the crawdad?"

    ReplyDelete