The Weight

I know it's been awhile since I dropped a post so for that I apologize. I've just lately haven't had the desire to fire off. Been busy. You know what I'm saying? Anyways, keeping with the theme, I'm moving onto week 8 of P90X. It is another recovery week which will be nice. I'm well over halfway done with the program and again, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Really enjoying the workouts I get and the nudge to eat healthy. Real good stuff. Also important to note, there have been no more bad smashes or injuries from the program. I had the pleasure of sharing that story a couple of times this weekend. A lot of responses I've been getting regarding the scar are, "is that a swastika on your forehead?" Or, "are you trying to be Harry Potter?" Both cause me to shake my head, have some poise, and simply say no.

UVA men's LAX fell in the semi's in a pretty entertaining game. Tough break as Duke scored the game winner with 13 seconds to go. Damn. UVA baseball is looking to do work in the College World Series as they are a national seed, meaning they host a regional and if they win that they will host a super regional. Pretty nice to have some home field advantage. I'm definitely going to try and scope some games.

I soaked in heavy rays this weekend at the pool. Got the first burn out of the way on Saturday and applied nice color on Sunday. I still may go down there after I write this and get in a good post up session. Maybe do some reading. Bring the iPod along for the ride.

Dave Matthews Band started their summer tour this weekend. I'm pretty sure we're in for a good summer as the back to back shows in Hartford were on fire. I absolutely cannot wait to scope them. I know I said it earlier, but ill be taking in the shows in Columbus, Cuyahoga Falls, VA Beach, and DC. Really looking forward to doing some hardcore jamming, tailgating, and general rocking out.

I hope the Lakers beat the Celtics.

The Indians are pretty bad as baseball.

The following are some videos for your viewing pleasure.





In the above video, notice the awesomeness of the performance. Crowd sings almost entire song. The minor mess up at about the 4:35 point. Dave feeling it. Carter feeling it. Boyd really feeling it. Stefan feeling it. Rashawn feeling it. Jeff feeling it. Timmy feeling it. Unreal. Easily my favorite song right now. Been jamming it a lot lately.



Raise a glass, bottle, can, whatever to summer of 2010 (it probably won't touch summer of 2007, best summer on record, but still...it's summer time).

-'Killa

No comments:

Post a Comment