P90X

Good God, i literally just got owned by a 1 hour and 8 minute workout. Today I embarked on the P90X journey. It's 90 days of intense, balls to the wall, workout. Over a span of 13 weeks I will be working out 6 days a week for about an hour per workout. It uses the idea of muscle confusion to sculpt the body into what I hope will be a beach body for Jefferson Ridge pool action this summer. After the workout today I couldn't even lift my water bottle to take a drink. This is in part due to the fact that I haven't worked out like that in who knows how long 3 maybe 4 years. So I have decided to take this 90 day workout routine and fully committing myself to reaching maximum in-shapeness. It works out perfectly as I'll finish the program in time to start getting ready for training camp. I'll keep everyone posted weekly with my progress. The possible end results and sense of acomplishment after 90 days are the motivation for me to stick to the program. I'm really going to need to hunker down and battle the mental sides of being tired and "can't do it" attitude to complete the program. See you at the beach.

UVA's spring game was this past Saturday. It was pretty bland. Nothing too exciting. Our offense more or less looked pretty weak. I just think we had a bad day offensively. The defense looked pretty solid. I still can't tell you how the team will be this fall but I have to say the new staff has slowly been changing the attitude here at UVA and I think good things are in the future.

UVA baseball took the series this weekend at home over #2 Georgia Tech. I took in the action Friday night that featured two big time pitchers. UVA got on the board early but Tech took the lead with back to back homers to go up 4-2. UVA responded with some more homers of their own and ended up winning 7-4. They lost Saturday afternoon but won Sunday afternoon to take the series. Again, the baseball team is really on DEAM this year.

UVA LAX is the team that is boardwalk right now. They are currently undefeated and #1 in the country. They opened the new stadium at the Meadowlands this weekend by issuing a beat down to #2 and previously undefeated North Carolina. The offense is really looking high level this year for the Cavaliers. I'm about done with the lulls that come in the second half. The past two games have shown UVA getting out to a hot start, lulling in the second half but finishing strong. This weekend at home against Duke on Saturday night will be another big test for the Cavaliers as they continue to eye the ultimate prize at the end of the season. Stay tuned. It's about to go down.

In other big news, Bill Raftery retweeted me today. Yesterday I tweeted, "What if @BillRaftery and Gus Johnson called the Masters?" @BillRaftery retweeted today with a little SEND IT IN, PHIL in response to my tweet. That really made my day. Speaking of the Masters, big shout out to Phil aka Lefty. He won his third green jacket this weekend. Phil was on his game from Thursday through Sunday. He had the shot of his career on 13 yesterday. I'm sure you all have seen it, the one where he went 6 iron from about 208 out behind a tree, in the mulch, and stuck it to about 5 feet. That sealed the deal right there, well that, or the eagle, eagle, birdie run he went on Saturday. Oh, did you guys know Eldrick returned to golf this weekend? He did about what I expected. He was in contention throughout but just didn't have it to win it. The media also overplayed this like I expected. ESPN ran Tiger updates shot by shot on the bottom line, to the left of the screen, and live cut ins. Pretty ridiculous. I've had about enough of the media barrage on Tiger. A little less would be nice. You have to be happy for Phil as he's had a rough year with his wife and mother in law going through breast cancer treatments. Big time win for Phil.

Browns, please draft Eric Berry if given the opportunity. Other players I'll accept: Earl Thomas or Joe Haden. You already took care of my #1 request and that was re-signing Joshua Cribbs. You failed in free agency by signing two garbage QB's in Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme. I again threaten my loyal fandom to you if you draft a QB in the first, second, or third round or ever. DO NOT DRAFT a QB. Thanks.



-'Killa

2 comments:

  1. also, i thought i posted this earlier, but must have just gotten distracted and watched it repeatedly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2MOiEnnF8

    ReplyDelete