All the Freaks are on Parade

Well, the NBA draft is coming up so I figured I'd take some time to analyze the first round and the players currently being projected to go and where they are going. NBAdraft.net is my source for this little project. First and foremost the draft class of 2009 is so weak it's not even funny. It's arguably the weakest NBA draft class in the past 10 years if not the past 15 years. So, basically it's a bad break for those teams in the lottery because there are no OJ Mayo's, LeBron James', or well he's already bust in my mind but Greg Oden's. Basically I don't see any instant impact players in this draft. I only hope that someone will prove me wrong.

1. LA Clippers - Blake Griffin: Memo to Clips...how many times are you going to have the #1 pick and still suck? Because that's about all you do. Griffin is certainly ready for the League but I really don't see him being a game changer. Logical pick for the Clips.
2. Memphis - Hasheem Thabeet: Thabeet has skyrocketed up the draft board. Sure he's got tons of potential and could someday be the next Hakeem. Since Memphis is stacked with athletes and "tweeners" Thabeet will certainly be the presence down low they need. He needs to bulk up though. Yo dude, take it from me, I'm 6'4" and 200 pounds of chiseled granite rock.
3. Oklahoma City - James Harden: First of all I love that Ricky Rubio is dropping. I think foreign players are dumb. Harden was an absolute stud at Arizona State. he can basically do it all and with time could mold into a Brandon Roy type threat. Work on your outside game homie.
4. Sacramento - Ricky Rubio: I guess he's a good point guard. I've only seen him play in the Olympics. So he most likely is pretty bad.
5. Washington - Jordan Hill: Legit player, but again not an instant impact guy. He needs some more time to develop.
6. Minnesota - Steph Curry: Lights out off screens. His set shot is water. He's only working out for three teams, Minnesota, Knicks, and Raptors. I want him to go to the Knicks. People are already talking about how him and 'Bronny are boys and the potential set up in New York. Hopefully you'll light it up like pops Steph.
7. Golden State - Jonny Flynn: I'm biased, but I think he's the best PG in the draft. I loved him at 'Cuse and I was upset to see him bounce. He's got the right style, vision, quicks, hops, work ethic, plus he won't stop smiling. Possible jersey purchase right here.
8. New York - Brandon Jennings: Dude you are dumb for not going to school. Oh wait, you are too dumb for school. How was Europe? I heard you got splinters in your ass. Is that true? Anyways, I guess you got that upside that the NBA loves. Good luck.
9. Toronto - Gerald Henderson: This guy took over games last year and has a solid tool set. Not sure how I see him as a pro. But I guess the scouts like him.
10. Milwaukee - Jeff Teague: Being a loose Bucks fan I love this draft choice. He can run the show. Look at what he did in the first 75% of last year's college season. He was arguably the best player in the country.
11. New Jersey - DeMar Derozan: A one and doner. I don't really know what he can do in the League yet. Unfortunately I think percentages may be against this cat. Good luck DeMar.
12. Charlotte - Tyreke Evans: One and Done. His true position is a ball handling two man I think. I can see him excelling if his outside game improves. His wingspan is crazy. I think he's ready. He could be a nice compliment to my guy Raymond Felton.
13. Indiana - DeJuan Blair: Man child. If the NBA doesn't work out I think he has a calling in the NFL. He'll rebound and that's about it. His NBA game will be below the rim. He will have to out hustle guys and work his ass off but his physicality might play as a strength to him.
14. Phoenix - James Johnson: The Sun is setting on the Suns of a few years ago. Amare is about to be out. Steve Nash is going to test the waters I think. Johnson has so much talent it's not even funny. He could be the guy to build a franchise around.
15. Detroit - BJ Mullens: Stupid. One and done. Dude you needed to stay one more year just like Kosta Khoufus needed to stay one more year.
16. Chicago - Earl Clark: A real solid player. Luol Deng type player.
17. Philadelphia - Chase Budinger: Him and Andre Iguodala can talk about the days of being Wildcats together. Chase has got mega hops and an inside game to copmliment his mid-range game. I really think he'll have a solid NBA career as a great role player.
18. Minnesota - Jrue Holiday: Minnesota is drafting the wrong UCLA guy here. Jrue is one and done. Darren Collison lead UCLA to 3 straight Final Fours. You tell me what's wrong here.
19. Atlanta - Wayne Ellington: Well, Atlanta, you were the first team that i gave a big OK to. Wayne can really lace it from deep and he is absolutely ready. Give the guy a few years and he'll be torching people.
20. Utah - Tyler Hansborough: I'm a Psycho T guy. I know a lot of people hate on the guy and say he won't do anything in the League. I think he'll be a solid role player. His hustle will make him good. Plus those who claim he traveled in college, well he'll certainly be able to do that in the NBA.
21. New Orleans - Eric Maynor: Biggest dark horse of the draft. An absolute steal for New Orleans. Maynor wil be a great serviceable back up to my mainest man CP3. I love this pick.
22. Dallas - Terrence Williams: I think Dirk will be a great mentor for this guy. Terrence's game is somewhat like Dirks in that he can go outside and inside.
23. Sacramento - Omri Casspi: I don't know who you are.
24. Portland - Derrick Brown: Holla back Xavier. We all knew he wasn't coming back once he said he was testing the waters. He's so athletic. He is like the Tyrus Thomas of this draft. I think he's got some really good upside and if his game continues to develop he eventually will catch on with the right system and make some bank.
25. Oklahoma City - Ty Lawson: Quick, quick, quick. I like the combo of him and Kevin Durant. He took over in the NCAA tournament and hasn't looked back.
26. Chicago - Sam Young: Really solid player. Won't wow you with flare. But he gets the job done.
27. Memphis - DeJuan Summers: AGain, not really flashy and honestly I don't see him really doing it in the NBA.
28. Minnesota - Austin Daye: Minnesota, this is your third pick in the first round. What the hell? Don't waste it on this guy. He needs one more year but oh well.
29. LA Lakers - Marcus Thornton: Big time player. Not sure how he fits in the triangle. I assume he can learn from Lamar Odom. At least he's hopping onto a team that just won the title.
30. Cleveland - Taj Gibson: Cleveland, I ask that you don't draft this guy and do what you can to try and get Derrick Brown.

A little Xavier update for you followers. I scoped out the NBA Top 100 Camp this week here at UVA. It gave me the opportunity to see Jordan Latham play. Jordan is a 2010 commit and from what I saw I like his style of play. I think he will fit the "Xavier Way" perfectly. He runs the floor well and can back you down in the post. I also think he has some midrange game but I didn't see it on display when I saw him play. I was also informed that Chris Paul aka CP3 is helping Coach Mack out. How so you may ask? Well, he's apparently getting in contact with guys that Xavier is looking at and more or less telling them to go to Xavier. Since CP3 is not a Xavier grad he is allowed to do so. So that's big time. It's really awesome to see one of the best young studs in the League hollering at some up and coming player and telling them Xavier is the spot. I also got to see Juwan Staten play at this camp. Now, you may recall that he was a Xavier recruit until he made a REALLY poor life decision and chose to commit to Dayton. Well, sorry Juwan, I know you got skill but you're going to get waxed while you play at Dayton. I hope you like the decision you made because Dayton sucks.

The US Open is trying to go down. It's been a little moist at Bethpage Black this week. I'm not afraid to say it, I'm a Tiger fan so I really haven't been pleased to see him not on his game. However, I am also a Justin Leonard fan and what he's been doing has been nice. How about David Duval?! My friend Jarrett is the only David Duval fan I know so I gotta think he's been feeling it for Duval. Actually, cue the Tiger charge as I'm writing this......?

I'm going to begin incorporating a new feature to my blogging. The current hot tracks I'm feeling.
1. All Night - T.I.
2. Sun Come Up - Glasses Malone ft. Birdman and Rick Ross
3. We Be Steady Mobbin' - Lil' Wayne ft. Gucci Mane
4. Always Strapped (remix) - Birdman ft. Lil' Wayne, Young Jeezy, and Rick Ross
5. Wonderful Day - O.A.R.
6. Corn Bread- Dave Matthews Band
7. Anything off of Big Whiskey & The GrooGrux King (Dave Matthews Band)
8. Maybach Music Pt. 2 - Rick Ross ft. Lil' Wayne, T-Pain and Kanye West

The following video is a song that will never get old. In fact at one point in time my one of my freshman roommates, BK, used to play it at least 20 times a day. So don't be scared to include it on every playlist you make because I'm pretty sure it's on at least 60% of my playlists.



War sunglasses, windows down, music up, and a nice Sunday drive.
-'Killa

1 comment:

  1. CP3 calling recruits is real legit. he and mack must have been boys at wake then? The us open is taking over my monday, the new yorkers' love for phil is pretty sweet. Ricky Barnes continues to crap down his leg. I like the Johnny Flynn jersey purchase idea, he is a bad man. as for devendorf and harris, not getting drafted.

    ReplyDelete