Covered in Rain

How 'bout them Hoos?! The Cavaliers are really doing the things right now. We've rattled off three in a row, the latest being a grind it out victory in College Park, Maryland. Conditions were horrendous. Cold and rain. The field was crap. We lost one of our best defensive players in Matt Conrath due to dirty play and Jameel went down as well. But, after some big time defensive stops and some solid running we got it done. Went into that piece of crap stadium and won 20-9. We now sit at 3-3 and 2-0 in ACC play. We have Georgia Tech at home this weekend in a game that has sole first place on the line in the division. Now, we went down to the North AVenue Trade School last year and got the W. We shut down that garbage triple option. This week we're going to have to do the same thing. Tech barley throws the ball. They only completed one pass in a win against Virginia Tech for 11 yards. They ran the ball 60 times. So that means a huge effort is in store from the front seven to stop that running attack from Josh Nesbitt and Jonathan Dwyer. Both are superior athletes. However, here at UVA we have our eyes set on the prize and that's a win each week and getting better everyday. Toe meets leather at noon in Scott Stadium.

Now, let me get back to Maryland. Everyone knows how I feel about Dayton. If you don't, well let me have Sean Miller tell you how I feel about Dayton, "I fucking hate Dayton." It's as simple as that. I don't even feel that way about Michigan, although since Dick Rod has been there I've slowly started to feel a large amount of hate brewing inside of me. That being said, Dayton is in it's own league as far as hatred goes. I came to the conclusion this weekend that Maryland has more or less arrived into that category. I don't know what it is. But, Maryland has officially become the Dayton of football for me. (There are a few other football programs not far behind) Their fans suck. Their program sucks. Their field sucks. Their apparel sucks (Under Armour). I was so happy we beat them in the fashion we did. Eat that Terrapins. No one fears a turtle. You don't protect your house. Most of all your coach is FAT. Congratulations for grabbing my attention and as a result putting you into the same category as Dayton. Enjoy your stay and enjoy the hate.

How long have I been saying it? Terrelle Pryor is not good right now. I can only hope that he can progress and become the quarterback that everyone touted him to be. He is tremendously athletic. I'm not sure what it's going to take for him to get better but something has got to give. Columbus can be a harsh town especially on that little football program along the banks of the Olentangy. Terrelle, I still got your back, but please, start trying to get better everyday and start being a man. As far as the season go, if Ohio State wins out they should still win the Big Ten and make the Rose Bowl.

Will someone let me know when the Browns start playing football or fire Mangini? Just don't trade Cribbs.

I recently joined NetFlix and it's incredile. If you're not a part of it I suggest you give it a shot. Whoever invented it is making straight bank right now. There ya go NetFlix, that's my public endorsement. Hopefully it makes you some more money.

College basketball started on Friday night and I couldn't be more excited. I cannot wait for Big Monday's, the holiday tournaments, conference play, and the NCAA Tournament. Expect a full preview of college basketball within the next two weeks. I also plan on dropping a Xavier preview and a Gordon College preview.

Upset alert of the week: Hawaii over Boise State in Hawaii...most likely wishful thinking.

Current Song: Red Magic - Lil' Wayne

-'Killa

1 comment:

  1. 'Killa,

    Almost reached out to you on the Tulsa Hurricane upset over the Bronco's.... close, but no cigar. Hope the Rainbows validate your prognostication. I concur with your take, "Any team that plays on a blue field sucks." Keep up the good work.

    The Councilman

    ReplyDelete