I would like to begin my comeback post with a raise of the glass to Gaskill. He has single handedly given us weekly updates, so now I feel as though he should get a little help.
Looking ahead. Xavier University is really going to lay pipe to the A-10 again and the fact that dayton thinks that they have a shot at the crown gets a rise out of me every day. I will delve more into the Muskies later in the semester, but its football season and baseball playoffs so we will tackle whats ahead of us.
Bombers-Halos. This matchup is being talked about as one of the best championship series in years, and while I hope that is the case, i simply do not believe to be true. The games may be good, but that will just be a testament to how good Scioscia is as a manager. This year just feels like a Yankee year, and I fully expect them to do the bad things to the Angels. Yanks in 5
Dodgers-Phillies. This is the series tha has the potential to go the full 7. Torre has a nice mixture of young and old talent out there in LA LA land, but his achilles heel may be his pitching. Cliff Lee is just nasty and Hamels can turn it on at any moment to give them one of the best 1-2 punches in all of baseball. What this is going to come down to is the pen. Lidge has been too erratic this year and I simply cant see myself giving the Phils this series with so much question in the pen. Dodgers in 7.
College Football. This week is just loaded with college football and let me tell ya I could not be more excited. For the rest of the season I am going to try to post some picks on the weeks big games.
Tulsa-Boise State. I really hope Killa is right on this upset special and I hope it is not just a bunch of wishful thinking. I hope the broncos suck on a fatty against the hurricane because they are crap. Tulsa +9
Va Tech @ Ga Tech- This game is going to make things very interesting for the ACC and BCS if Ga Tech wins. This game should prove to be a battle to the finish and it will all come down to whether or not Va Tech can slow down the running game. I dont think they do and I see Ga Tech coming up big in a night game at home. Ga Tech +3.5
Cincinnati @ USF. I realy dont know why I am posting about Big East football because its stupid. the only person I care about in the Big East is Noel Devine. However I gotta pick someone so I'll take USF simply because I hate UC. USF +3.5
Oklahoma- Texas. This one should go to the Longhorns as they are the healthier and better overall team. This game upsets me a little bit because I would like college gameday to be in South Bend rather than dumb dallas. Oh well though, Colt is going to light it up and hit Shipley all day and I am not completely sold that Mr. Bradford is going to be able to handle the Texas D.
Texas -3.5
THE GAME
USC @ Notre Dame. I'll go ahaead and say it. I am a homer, but something just feels different about this year for the Irish than it has in any other year that they hav played the Trojans under Weis. I know that USC gets a couple of guys back this weekend that should prove to be key contributors for SC and that ND is going to really miss Michael Floyd. However, Jimmy Clausen just seems to go to work and pick people apart. He makes everyone around him better. His pocket presence has improved vastly and this will be a break-out game for true freshman Shaq Evans. He is a SoCal boy and former SC verbal commit. There are an abundance of SoCal boys on the ND roster and you better believe that they have had this game circled on the calendar since the schedule came out. ND +10.
Thats all I have for the games. In other news this weekend up in south stupid has potential to be epic. Not only is this game monumental, but the cast of characters that will be up there is going to be ridiculous. I will post back on that next week, but for now I am out.
p.s. I have had more sex than Tim Tebow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I might start letting it ride on your picks. YOu hit on everything but USF. Boom.
ReplyDelete