Do What We Do

Sorry for the delay. Honestly, I've been too tired and too lazy to drop a blog. But I think I have finally mustered up the energy to put some thoughts down.

I'd like to start with the team we all love, Xavier. The A-10 may have been trying to set Xavier up for failure in their pursuit for a 4th straight A-10 title. But, they weathered the storm. Xavier went on the road to Philly and Washington, D.C. and grabbed two big time wins. Now granted they didn't play particularly well in either game but they made the plays necessary to get the tough wins. First, LaSalle. Xavier jumped out early and even built the lead up to 20 in the second half before going ice cold for almost nine minutes. LaSalle stormed back and had they been a little bit better could have beat Xavier by 10. But, Xavier took control in the last four minutes and did what they had to do to win. Next they headed south to D.C. for an always tough match up against Karl Hobbs and George Washington. It's always tough to go into GW and win. The environment is usually hostile and typically GW plays Xavier tough. GW jumped out and went up by 11 and maintained that lead throughout the game. Xavier didn't play particularly well for about 30 minutes but over the last 10 minutes Xavier battled and Jordan Crawford once again stepped up and put the team on his shoulders and Xavier escaped with another big road, conference win. Xavier is now tied with Temple at 2-0 in the conference with 5 of the next 6 games being played at home. Xavier really needs to take advantage of this schedule to really set the tone in the conference. This week Xavier has Charlotte at home and then the big one, Dayton comes to town. But before I spout off about Dayton, Xavier needs to take care of business tonight. As a matter of fact, I'm not even going to say anything about Dayton. Although, it took overtime for them to beat Duquesne at home by only one point.

I would like to take this time to say that I need to apologize to Xavier, the players, and the staff. I think I came off a little to harsh on them. I had the opportunity to hang with the team this past weekend. Obviously, it's not like it used to be. I'm not around them everyday so I don't have the inside track as far as how the team chemistry is, how the coach is coaching etc. So after spending some time with the team I can honestly say I may have had the wrong perception. Coach Mack is a grinder. He stays up late looking at film, stats, etc just preparing for the next game. He puts a ton of effort into what he's doing and he definitely knows what he's doing there. As far as the team goes. I was only hard on Jordan Crawford because I know how good he can be. But, I honestly think it was just taking some time to adjust to playing and finding his role with the team and fitting in. You are now seeing him play within the offense. He's taking shots that come as a part of the game flowing to him. He's distributing, he's rebounding, and he's taking control of the team when he knows he has to. That's exactly what it's going to take if this team wants to win the A-10 and be competitive in March. Jason Love is working extremely hard day in and day out to get better everyday. Jamel is doing what he does and that's providing energy off the bench and being extremely productive. I know Xavier didn't play particularly well in these two games but they still won, isn't that all that matters? Getting a W at the end of the day? Now, just imagine how good this team can be if they play like they did in the last ten minutes of the GW game all the time. That's pretty sweet. They got stops, they rebounded, they scored, they shared the ball, they played extremely good team basketball. That being said, let's go out and get win number three tonight fellas.

My next take has to do with the Cleveland Browns. It's very simple. PAY JOSHUA CRIBBS. That easy. Pay the man. Again, he is the best player on that team but he's the 30th highest paid player. That doesn't make sense to me. So then you come out and offer him $1.4 million. No. Look, I know he doesn't have a true position. I get that. But the guy goes out there, every game, and gives it his all. He has said time and time again he will do what it takes to win. Whether it's playing running back, wide receiver, going wild cat, returning kicks, whatever. On top of that, the guy almost broke his neck and ended his career and still came back and played. Don't you think you should give the guy some money? PAY JOSHUA CRIBBS.

I'm really looking forward to Reunion Weekend.

-'Killa

3 comments:

  1. pay him the damn money dumb browns. reunion weekend = booms

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'killa,

    Disappointed you did not rail on UD... with the flyers invading Cintas, would have thought you would have dropped a plethera of f bombs on the ganstas that call the Ghetto their home??

    Looking forward to seeing all the lads reunion weekend.

    I am,

    The Councilman

    ReplyDelete
  3. doc, real solid post.

    councilman, the flyers will get their's after the assault.

    and doc rico, this X team is going to be good come tourney time. what wins in march? coaching and good guard play. Mack has the fortitude to "do it" too. Our guards are nice; suck it dayton.

    ReplyDelete