Hello all and Happy New Year. This is my first post of the decade so I figured what better way to kick it off than with a good ol' fashioned rant. So without further ado, here we go.
Mike Leach: You are just an absolute nut. You were in trouble before this year even began because of your terrible relations with those in charge at Texas Tech. It would have taken a simple apology to the university and the kid and you would have gotten your fat bonus. Instead you chose to be an ass and admit to nothing.
The James Family: Yes, this may be a contradiction of the previous statement on Leach, but I dont care. Craig James is nothing but a "helicopter dad" that got too involved. Listen, I understand that you want to protect your kid, but seriously, these coaches are going to motivate in various ways that may not make sense to many. Suck it up. Adam James, you just simply didnt have the talent to be getting major time in the Big 12. So what did you do? You went crying to daddy at ESPN and created a major hoop-la that ultimately got Leach fired. Mike Golic even called you and your dad out saying that his kids would never think to come to him with a problem they had with the coach. You are a big boy now, Adam; deal with it yourself and quit being a pussy.
USF: You fired your coach after the action in question was clearly explained by not only members of the team but the player involved. Jim Haslett then got canned for "grabbing his players shoulder pads and shaking them. I'll give props to the kids for trying to stick up for their coach, but USF? WTF?
ESPN The U: My brother and I were talking about this over break so I figured I'll bring it up here. While I do agree with Gaskill that the special on the U was great; there is one thing that really grinds my gears about the whole thing. Butch Davis. He was not really given credit for the work he did in making the u, THE U again. Dennis Erickson had to deal with an almost impossible task in taking over for Jimmy Johnson, but he did nothing but run that university into troubles with the NCAA. Yes, I know that he won a couple of National Titles, but honestly, he did so illegally. He left Davis with the task of rebuilding the U with less scholarships than usual because of . Butch Davis came along and turned the U into a powerhouse again, and he did it the right way. He got talent that is littered all over the NFL, and he set that university up for years to come until Larry Coker screwed the pooch. So to you Butch Davis, I raise my glass.
Roy Williams: You are simply a jackass. Now, I'll be honest, I have never liked the man. However what he did in a home game against Presbyterian is inexcusable. I mean are you seriously going to kick an opposing fan out for saying "hey Deon, dont miss"? You responded by saying that nobody should say anything negative to your players. Wow. Every free-throw that the opposing team takes your fans are yelling something negative at them. Are your players that special that they deserve to have their asses kissed by an opponent when they are shooting a free-throw? Dont think so. Suck one, Roy.
Pete Carroll: This is another coach that I have never liked. Pete Carroll says that this job with Seattle "came out of nowhere." Yeah right. You know who is coming, the big bad NCAA. In talking with Doc Gaskill on the matter there seem to be some similarities to Jerry Tarkanian and UNLV in the early 90's, and the U under Dennis Erickson. These were 2 powerhouses that were controlling their respective sports worlds, but their, how do I say this, generous financial aid to players really put their universities behind the 8-ball. In UNLV's case it was an 8-ball that lead to their downfall when a recruit, Lloyd Daniels, bought crack cocaine from an undercover cop in NYC. Tarkanian was then forced to resign for the association between his players, himself, and a sports gambler/briber that supposedly had mafia ties. We all know the U's past so we wont get into that here, so on to the Poodle we go. Petey the Poodle has troubling issues concerning Reggie Bush and most recently Joe McKnight. That whole athletic department is in trouble with the basketball team already banning themselves from post-season play. The Reggie Bush situation is not looking pretty, and it will be interesting to see how this thing plays out as the case will be open to the public. Joe McKnight has been riding around in an SUV that is definitely not his. Pete Carroll has a press conference coming up and it will be interesting to see what load of crap he has to say in the press conference. He saw this job as a way out from a "hairy" situation and he was going to jump at any opportunity in the NFL to get out of the mess he is going to leave at USC. I hate USC, but I feel sorry for the next coach who is ging to have to try and pull a Butch Davis anod save that football program. And one closing thought, JA Adande just compared Pete Carroll to Lou Holtz. That is complete garbage. Was there some question to what Lou was doing at ND? Yes. But he was essentially forced out by the alumni. He loved and still loves the University of Notre Dame and he would have stayed there had the alums not run him out of town. Pete Carroll is not being forced out. He is taking the easy way out.
Alright thats all I have in me for right now. Anways, hope all is well with everyone. Xavier plays _ayton this Saturday and "Reunion Weekend" is next weekend. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Travel safely.
Holla Man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment