Hello Dixie

Well this coming marks the opening weekend of Xavier's basketball season, and much like Gaskill and the Cheff did a couple years ago I will be venturing down to Athens, GA for the UGA-Auburn game. As it stands right now I have Doc Vinci and the biggest man himself, Schuta, making the venture down with me. I can't even begin to explain my excitement level to you right now as I am sure something is bound to happen that is worth reporting back about.

Hoops
The Knicks suck and they don't have their first round pick this year because of a garbage trade to Utah. Thanks a lot Isiah Thomas. Thats all I have to say about the NBA at this point.

Now looking into college hoops I can't wait for January 16 when Xavier lays the smack down on gayton. Gaskill hit it right on the head with their charmin ultra-soft schedule this year and their rating is going to be ridiculously inflated all year. Hey, maybe we should look at this as a good thing seeing as Xavier will just look even better when they tony smack Chris Wright at least 2 times this year. Gayton is also continuously rated in the top 5 or 6 of some sites braketologies. Ok experts, I'll have your crow ready on a platter when you see them flop this year and Xavier continue its domination on the A-10.

College Football
Weis. I continually hear people saying that they want Weis gone day in and day out, but I am not one of them. I don't believe ND can afford to fire him. He works his ass off for that university and he truly cares about the success of that football team. Standards are just different at ND and people that say they are no longer ND are wrong. If they are not ND than how come every single time ND plays an opponent they play it like it's their super bowl? People had high expectations for ND coming into this year, myself included, but the fact remains that this team is still very green, especially in the front 7 on defense. I do think that Tenuta may need to go, but not Weis. To those of you who hopped on the Weis bandwagon as the next great coach at ND you better stay on that wagon the entire way into the fire. If you are going to stand with a man when he is up you better be willing to stand with him when he is down. ND- 3-0 to finish the regular season. Weis will be back.

Predictions. It has been a couple weeks since I have done this but since I don't do anything with my life I might as well pick on some games this week.

ND@Pitt- Floyd and Tate are the best WR duo in the country. Hello motivated Irish team and hello shootout. ND +6.5

Florida @ South Carolina- "The Ol' Ball Coach" against his former team again. You have to take him to at least cover here. Suck one Timmy and Urban. SC +15.5

WVU @ UC- I love Noel Devine and I hate UC. I don't want Brian Kelly at ND and the big east is garbage. WVU +9


Auburn @ UGA- Well I'll be there so I might as well pick it. Gotta go for the home team if nothing else than to save me from getting my ass kicked if I root for Auburn. If AJ Green's lung is feeling better they better just throw him the rock every time the QB drops back. the AJ Greens -4.5


Holla Man.



p.s. Tebow is out this week. Rumor has it he has the clap.

No comments:

Post a Comment