One Big ?

Hello all. Much to the surprise of many of my colleagues around here I made it back from UGA successfully. Let me tell ya something about UGA if you have not had the privilege of going to this date, GO. Now, tomorrow, I dont care, just go. Schuta and I had a blast down there and UGA has the most amount of bars per capita in the great US of A. There beautiful babies everywhere and I must have fallen in love 1000 times. After licking a few broads on the face as an introduction I was set for the rest of the weekend. Won a bunch of people over with that one and we were truly greeted with southern hospitality. Well that's all I have on UGA because to be quite honest it cannot be put into words as to how magical that place is.

Charlie Weis- I predicted last week that Charlie and the Irish would go 3-0 and to close the season and Charlie would keep his job. Well they obviously lost last week and I have read everything from Urban Meyer becoming the next coach with a 10 year $50million contract to Lou Holtz coming back until he has to be put 6 feet under. At this point I just dont know, but the uncertainty in the situation just gives me a feeling that Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbick might just keep him around. Swarbick is having such a tough time with this decision because he truly understands how much Weis cares about ND. The $18million buyout is also going to be a hindering factor here considering the potential next coach is going to be given a ridiculous contract. In closing my scattered thoughts on Weis I will leave you with this. I think he is back if he wins the next 2 games, and I sure as hell hope he is. This will give Swarbick the opportunity to come out and declare that Weis is back for next year, and ND will be able to close strong on the recruiting front. The one factor that people are not really looking at as much as they should is the Clausen factor. Clausen said at the beginning of the year that Weis will not get fired because of him. I would not be surprised if Jimmy went to Swarbick and told him he better keep Weis if he wants his stud QB back. This is more important than it was about 3 weeks ago when the Irish had a stud QB in waiting, Dayne Crist. However he tore a ligament in his knee and wont be ready until August at the earliest. Thats all for my rant. I promise.... For now.

College Basketball
Well real college basketball is underway now and I am pumped. We have had a few great games this week which hopefully is only the tip of the iceberg for the rest of the year. I watched Xavier really lay wood to BGSU the other night and young JC and the boys looked "pretty pretty pretty good" (Larry David voice). In talking with Redford this week he told me he thinks that we have the best combination of guards in the country. Xavier has 5 guards that can get out there and straight ball in a variety of ways and this team is going to be putting up mad points. The only area of concern is on defense. Xavier is going to be able to score with any team this year and I cannot wait to add watching them to the list of Thanksgiving traditions as they will be taking on Marquette at 2:00E.T. on ESPN2. In other news gayton beat Georgia Tech today, woopee. They can win all the games they want but we all know what happens when the venture into Norwood. LOSS. Suck it gayton. Enjoy your time in the lime-light because much like George O'Leary's time as the head coach for Notre Dame, it will be short lived.

Predictions

Last week was a solid 4-0 week and hopefully more of the same will come this weekend. After Thanksgiving I will start throwing out more picks as there will be mass bowls and college basketball games on a daily basis.

Ohio State @ Michigan- This is a huge game, and I really could careless who wins. I know it's a rivalry game and that Dick Rod is fighting for his job, but Michigan has fallen so far from where it was under Carr, and they are really going to regret forcing him out. OSU -11.5

UNC @ BC- BC is tough, but Butch Davis is one hell of a college football coach and I don't see them having trouble with the Golden Eagles. UNC +3.5

UCONN @ ND- ND is fighting for their coach. I truly believe the players are 100% behind him and they want him back. UCONN does have former ND QB Zach Frazier coming in to prove that he should have been the starter 2 years ago which should make the game interesting for a bit. However ND is going to play inspired ball and put up mass points. ND-6

LSU @ Ole Miss- This one I honestly think could go either way. Ole Miss is finally playing up to their pre-season hype, but LSU is always a tough game for the Rebels. Ole Miss is at home in this one and I have mass respect for the tailgating work they put in at The Grove. Ole Miss -4.5

Kentucky @ UGA- Well I am officially on the bandwagon of the Bulldogs. They are really doing it down there in Athens both in the stadium and on the tailgating scene. This spread could be 50 and I would still take the Dawgs. UGA -10

Cal @ Stanford- I am not going to lie, I love Cal, got a buddy playing DE for them, but playing sans Jahivd Best against arguably the hottest team in the country is not exactly what they were hoping for. Stanford has young Toby stepping on bodies on his way to TD's and they should roll against Cal at home. Stanford -7.5


Holla Man

p.s. gayton, where dreams go to die.

1 comment:

  1. Like dat Gallagher. What did I tell you about Athens?! Unreal. You're right, you can't even put into words what Athens is like. Everyone must go at some point. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete