Tis The Season

As I'm wrapping up my Thanksgiving I basically feel like not moving. I spent the majority of my day at work. Then I finally got the opportunity to relax and feast. I'm about to pop in Rudy, a Thanksgiving tradition of my own. Texas is in a battle with Texas A&M. The Broncos are rolling. Xavier didn't show up to play today. Neither did the Lions. And the Cowboys won. But as I'm winding it down I thought it would be necessary to step back and hit on something other than sports. So without further adieu, I present to you in no particular order my holiday list of things I enjoy during the holiday season.



1. Christmas Music

A. Kenny G
B. Manheim Steamroller
C. A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack
D. The Eagles
E. Various Songs from Home Alone, Theme song being the best
F. Christmas Hymns/Carols
G. I can’t forget Wham!
H. Various others, the list grows every year

2. Christmas Films

A. Home Alone
B. Christmas Vacation
C. A Charlie Brown Christmas
D. A Christmas Story
E. Elf
F. Rudy
G. A Muppet Christmas

3. Christmas Sports

A. Bowl Games
B. NFL Action
C. College Hoops
D. NBA on Christmas Day

4. Christmas Literature

A. The Christmas Story
B. Polar Express
C. ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas

5. Christmas Beverages

A. Christmas Blend – Starbucks
B. Winter Lager
C. My mom’s slush

6. Christmas Feast

A. My mom’s Christmas Day Breakfast
B. Honey Baked Ham
C. Cheese Potatoes
D. Pistachios and Chashews
E. Cookies
F. Pie

7. Christmas Threads

A. Slippers
B. Sweats
C. Sweaters

8. Christmas Lights

A. Candle lights in windows
B. Wreaths with spotlights on them
C. The Snoopy and Shark thing the people in my old neighborhood have
D. Christmas Trees
E. The Martiny’s pine tree in the backyard
F. Advent wreath

9. Christmas Eve Church Service

A. Silent Night
B. O Holy Night
C. Pastor Paul’s Sermon

10. Snow
11. Dressing up for gatherings
12. Christmas party at 1932 Cleneay
13. Scents

A. Pine
B. Cinnamon
C. Vanilla

-'Killa

1 comment:

  1. 'Killa, pardon me while I wipe my eyes and blow my nose... that was special!! Under the category of xmas music, might I suggest Gloria Estefan, Colin Raye and perhaps, although it sounds extremely dated, Dean Martin. Check them out.

    The Councilman

    ReplyDelete