INSTAHOUSE

It takes a lot to really knock me on my ass lately. This country is so fucked up I cannot even stand it sometimes, so not often does something come along that really honestly shocks me. And yet, something bigger comes along each and every time I think I have seen it all.



Ok. I'm pretty sure that ^^^ took place at around 1:00 PM-- it seems like that was the time I was watching that today. So now, fast forward to 2:09 PM:

Henrietta Hughes was offered a home by Chene Thompson, wife of State Representative Nick Thompson, who heard the homeless woman’s pleas for help to President Obama before a local and national crowd.

Wow. This lady barely had the sentence out of her mouth-- "Hey, Barack can I have a hou--- BOOM INSTAHOUSE BOOOOOOOM.

This is the part where I'm supposed to say that this is such a great fairy tale and I'm so happy that this homeless lady that lived in her truck got a house. I'm not going to say that. Can we maybe start her off slow? Maybe get her an apartment? Now, she's been homeless for over a year, so it wasn't the latest crisis that got her into this mess. She's clearly doing something wrong.

Now that that is out of the way, what kind of message is being delivered here? It's like in John 4:46-54, a royal official had a sick son, asked Jesus to heal him, and boom, instamiracle. Healed. No big deal. Are we at ask-and-you-shall-receive status with Obama?

Yo, Barry, can I have, umm... SI Swimsuit Cover Model Bar Refa---

/POOF

6 comments:

  1. Ed, you are right on man. That woman's face in the background is great too. I was watching that press conference, which conveniently aired at the same time as Tim Geithner's, but thats neither here nor there. Where's my house? Its time for the cheering everytime Obama is introduced phenomenon has got to stop at some point right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bad is the media? Every slip up in Obama's young presidency has been made cute by the media. Kind of like when you have a baby or a little puppy that screws up and you can't yell at them because they are so damn cute. "Awwww you shit your pants? Thats ok because your a wittle baby!!!" This is a joke. Not one headline is critical of his policies and screw ups. The USA Today headline about Obama's bad stimulus plan. "A learning lesson." When he made bad appointees all we heard about his courage to admit his mistakes. Bush admitted his mistakes, he had too with all the scrutiny. Obama is a real man because of it. Not to mention, this is the President of The United States of America. There are no learning lessons. You come to this job prepared. You shouldn't have to campaign the country, give away houses, etc. to pass a stimulus plan. Obviously, if it needs this much persuasion it isn't that good. This story too McBread. Good point, the media taking the stance on Obama as a savior. I think we all know what is going on here. They hid it from us so well. Obama and Opera are the same person. Both amazing motivators, amazing speakers, and give away houses and money to millions. Obama is going to have a get out of jail free card the rest of his presidency, he is just a widdle pwesadent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obama didn't give away the house. A state rep from Florida did.

    ReplyDelete