- The guy starts into some long, drawn out story about how his kid is diabetic, he just got out off jail for going 112 on I71 trying to get his kid out the hospital, makes bail, can't drive anymore, and now just needs $7.31 to take the bus to go see his kid that will most likely die tonight and he finally emphasizes the fact that not all white people are racist because I am talking to him, so....I give him $7.31.
- They show some redeeming talent or quality about them. Somehow they have managed to beat that old paint drum better than anyone I have ever seen to date. I am captivated by the rhythm, start to clap, and before I know it all the change in my pocket has been throw on the street before them.
- They have an adorable dog with them and I feel so bad that this dog has to suffer such a miserable existence with this human that has faulted in enhancing their own well being. So I give money in hopes that he will at least feed the dog and keep the dog alive in an attempt to make more money. Or maybe I'm doing the dog an injustice by keeping him alive, I'll have to contemplate this at a later date
Why I Give Money To Crackheads On The Street
So a night is not complete until I get harassed into submission by a non-white man on the streets on Cincinnati. As always, I listen to his sob story, shake his hand as he introduces himself, claims that he is not asking not money, continues his story that always ends in him wanting money. The funny thing is that I actually probably give money to about a quarter of the people whom I come in contact with. Most of the time its not because I feel sorry for them. I believe I actually have a weird opinion on this...I believe that if you are that desperate to make up a story, befriend everyone that walks by, rap about random words you give him, that you may actually need the money more than I do. Even though I know that they will most likely run down the street to Chris Henry to score some of the finest crack Cincinnati has ever seen, I still somehow give cash to these men. So I guess where I want to go with this is, I want to list the top three reasons that I give to homeless people on the street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
great post. reminds me of when it snowed real bad and we had our snow day this year. two townies come out of NOWHERE with shovels while i am scraping my car. they come out and make some small talk. no teeth. then they start. hey we will shovel ur walks and ur car out for 3 bucks. NO. pack of cigs? dont smoke. can of beer? out of beer. what about a can of pop?? dont drink pop. this kept going for another minute. finally ig et pissed and throw a ten dollar bill at them. looking back, i recall them asking for 3 bucks. its a homeless tactic. they pissed me off into getting 7 more dollars.
ReplyDeleteTwo posts in a row berating the homeless. Hello, hell.
ReplyDeleteThey don't have teeth for a reason ... you could have gotten a lot more out of that seven bucks.
ReplyDelete