Wally World


Due to an overwhelming amount of responses to my banishment, I am writing another post. This past Saturday I was going to get swoll at the rec. I walk in the building. Look to my right. I see this tall, sexy man standing by the pro shop getting a daily pass. I go to get in line to swipe my card and I look over again. Indeed. It was Wally Sczerbiakzbeibzciak. I stopped moving and stared with my mouth open. He looked over at me, gave me a head nod and smiled. Why did he do this? Because I looked like an excited fourth grader who didn't know what to do, and this was only Wally, not some superstar.

The head nod/smile combo could mean a few different things. One being the obvious he wanted to hang out later and we should exchange numbers. I did not have the stones to do this. The other could have been oh great another person oogling at my awesome spiky hair, gosh I am so popular. Or maybe it was something like... Finally someone actually recognized me so I am going to recognize them recognizing me. I am going with the latter considering he had to actually wait in line to get a daily pass because the lady at the pro shop didn't know who he was. 

What was Wally doing at the Miami rec? Well the newly finished giant center was built after his time so he was not able to experience pwning n00bs in pickup games. He was just taking a look around though. He had his wife and two daughters with him so he obviously wasn't balling or getting J&T. I already knew the World was in town because he was getting inducted into the Miami athletic HOF that evening at the MU, WMU bball game. I also already knew that I was really excited to make my girlfriend go to the game on Vday just so I could see Wally.

Good thing I got to see him twice that day. At the game I made sure to wear the same outfit I did to the rec so he may be like.. oh there's that kid in the Notre Dame sweatshirt from earlier. He sat two sections over from me. If I could go back to the rec that day and see Wally again, I would have asked one of three questions.

Initially is would have been something gay like Hey Wally bring Cleveland back a title this year. Which is definitely a two year old thing to say and I would have just gotten another smile and maybe a high five. The more I thought about it I figured out that I would have asked him to tell me a funny story about Delonte's pre-game habits. All I could think about was how great it would be for the blog. Then finally I came up with my question. Hey Wally, you goin out tonight? It would have been perfect. He would have said no because he had those chicks with him, but I could have enticed him to head to the bars. We could have gotten late night together, ripped a few shots, could have let him pass out at my place.... Man. Then the next morning we would go get the best burger ever. THE RON HARPER. Double cheeseburger, bacon, ham, fried egg, BBQ, 3 diff cheeses, 60,000 calories. Except I would have just watched him eat it because I can't eat for another 13 days. 

Whew good thing I didn't get banned from the blog. 

3 comments:

  1. you made your girlfriend go to a basketball game on valentines day? you asshole...

    ReplyDelete