F-it, In 10 Years and We'll All Be Zombies Anyway

00bd7cf3e45a02f99916e99b5bd2219a.jpg
I always used to be a big advocate of "progress," claiming that it necessary for each generation to learn, grow, develop, evolve, etc. But lately its been getting harder and harder to see the light at the end of Lemmingwinks tunnel. Society has been pushing toward a life without hardship, war, conflict, and complacency. Technology has made life so easy it has grown to the point that there is little to care about anymore. Texting is now a major form of communication, preferred over the personal phone call. We say meaning for things transported in binary. We are starting to become distant from each other, detached from emotion and breaking apart. First example, I'm sitting in my apartment having this conversation with my computer screen rather than a living, independent thinking human. It is easier to sit on the couch from the weekend and watch TV until we fall asleep than better our own lives or the lives of others.

Hardship makes us grow. War shows conviction, or it should, not war as we know it, but war in Lord of the Rings or fairy tales of WWII. You don't work to discover fire until you're sick of being cold and I'm sick of being cold, but I'm pretty sure it rains all the time so useless. Alf was a really weird TV character.

I'm pretty much just ranting. About what? I have no fucking idea. Possibly about the idea that communities are breaking down, we no longer have any morale conviction, and acceptance is preferred stance on everything. I quit, sorry for wasting your time if you read this, no refunds. We are all slaves


1 comment: