+1

I walk into a 7-Eleven tonight to buy my customary tin of Skoal Straight. A new employee is confused and I have to guide him through their embarrassing tobacco selection until he finally finds my special treat. As he brings it to the counter, I make a little small talk saying, “You know man, I’m from Indiana. They know their tobacco out there.”

He looks at me and laughs a little bit under his breath, which is to say he had no idea what I said. He rings me up, and the lady behind me chimes in. Uh, oh!

She says, “My daughter has a boyfriend from out in your area.”

I turn around and smile even though she looks like someone just beat her up. I respond politely, “Really? Where’s he from?”

She says, “Colorado”. I shake my head in disgust as Colorado is a good 18 hours away from Indiana. She points to her chin as she continues, “He chews that stuff too. It’s disgusting.”

I look at her with a deadpan expression and say, “Awesome. Thanks so much for the input.”

She immediately realizes I am mocking her comment .She takes one last stand as I begin walking out. “I'm just saying…”

I interrupt before she can get another word out. “What does that say about your daughter?” The Indian guy behind the counter laughs, and I win again (at least until I get mouth cancer).

-B.R

p.s. Don't forget our President's Day deals at all Honda and Toyota dealerships! Our new '09 Corollas and Civics get over 35 miles per gallon and we've got 'em for cheap, cheap, cheap!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is the worst when you have to direct the guy as to where your special can is "hiding". And I hate when they break your balls about buying something from their store too. So a tip of the cap to you Sir for telling that lady whats up.

    ReplyDelete