Everyone needs to check out the poll on the front page of
ESPN (they really appreciate when we link them). The poll asked, "Who should the Lions select with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft?" America gave Matthew Stafford 37%, Andre Smith 30%, Mark Sanchez 17%, Michael Crabtree 11%, Michael Curry 5%. Detroit begged to differ. The ESPN map shows that a staggering 60% of Michiganders prefer Andre Smith compared to only 18% for Matthew Stafford. Only four states choose Smith over Stafford, and no other state gave Smith more than 47%. I'm no mathematician, but that seems statistically significant.
What does this mean? Detroit Lions fans are breaking out of their shell. This is the moment in their fandom where they need their voices to be heard, and that has manifested itself in ESPN polling.
What cause has motivated them to do this? Saving Dan Orlovsky.
They deserved Matt Millen.
I am a fan of Dan Orlovsky. He carried that team all year.
ReplyDelete1. You forgot the Upper Peninsula
ReplyDelete2. I'm surprised they didn't want Crabtree
Oh, I remeber the Upper Penninsula; I was trying to drive home the "talk to the hand" joke in the title. The upper penninsula always gets in the way.
ReplyDelete