Once again the NFL playoffs have left us with some superb football memories. The Arizona Cardinals will be playing for their first ring ever and that team from PA will be playing for their SIXTH!!! However, you won’t see the best action from the playoffs on a high light reel. Nope, not this year. This year you will have to Baltimore Raven press conferences to obtain the most incredible highlights from the 2009 playoffs. Of course I am talking about the commentary provided by Mr. Derrick Mason.
How long will it be before we see this guy on a beer commercial? I watched sports center religiously throughout the playoffs just for the chance to see what Mr. Mason had to say. He is arguably one of the best characters in sports. Just look at the guy. It looks like he draws his beard on with a Sharpie. I pictured a room full of reports with smiles ear-to-ear waiting to hear what was on his mind. At 35, he uses the most old school, cliché smack tactics. In fact I am surprised anyone even showed up to play the Ravens after Mr. Mason informed the nation that "were comin' for ya!" Derrick Mason is a man amongst boys in my eyes. How dare the Steelers deprive us of two more weeks of sound bites. Who knows what would come out of the man's mouth with a Championship on the line.
Funny how that works out because Mason always struck me as a very boring wide receiver.
ReplyDeleteI contemplated drawing a beard on with a sharpie today. I figured that would take too long, so I just sniffed the sharpie for an hour instead. HUFFF!
ReplyDelete-BR