
While sitting at work today and enjoying my morning coffee I stumbled across a gold mine. I was reading "With Leather - The only sports blog with PTSD" and found this. A blog that dedicates part of it's time to a "Where are they now?" section. Specifically they deal with finding out where past college ballers in their day are now? Today's feature was the once dominant Marcus Fizer. The Bulls drafted this joke of a player. That didn't work out too well for them. By clicking on the above link you too can find out where he is today. I can tell you this, he is definitely not hitting up sorority parties with his old coach Larry Eustachy.
After reading and instantly becoming mesmerized, my mind began wondering where some of my favorite players are these days. One Godzilla of a force came to mind. Those of you who went to Xavier will have a true appreciation for this man. Those who did not get a chance to see him play. Well, I'm sorry, you missed out on a true dominant post player. Where is Will Caudle now?
I chose to research where Will is now because that blog only researches players who: left college as an underclassmen, drafted in the 1st round of the NBA draft, drafted between 1990 and 2008, and not currently on a NBA roster. Shockingly, Will fits into none of these categories.
Let me briefly give you a Will Caudle history lesson. First of all, you better address him as Big Will because that's his nick name. He Attended Warren Central High School in Indianapolis, it is here that he shattered a backboard in a game. This has not been confirmed but it is a rumor that is swirling about. Just ask Justin Cage. After terrorizing opponents in high school he brought his game to Xavier University. It is at Xavier University where many may argue that Will Suffered some bad breaks. Maybe he didn't get the shot he deserved. Maybe he was not as skilled as those who played before him. We can all sit around and speculate. What I do know is that in Will's time at Xavier he was on three A-10 Championship teams and an Elite 8 team. To me that is a pretty successful career no matter what type of numbers you put up. It was also during this time period that Dedrick Finn aptly informed Big Will during a drill that "if he wanted to make it to the league (NBA) he better finish his shots." And finish he did.
So we obviously know that Will went to Xavier University. I bet you are all salivating at the mouth wondering, "what could Big Will be doing these days?" After exhaustive research, I can answer that question for you. Will is still shooting the rock for a living. He has become quite the journey man. Currently Will is playing across the pond in the land that Constantine built. That's right, he's playing for power house Gelisim in Turkey. If you can read Turkish you can humor us all and give us Will's current stats. Big Will has also spent time in the WBA, South America playing in Argentina, Venezuela, and Dominican Republic, and he also spent time in Macedonia. He seems to be a fan of the lands of "the explorers" or the "fertile crescent." Good for Will. It pleases me that he is still getting the job done and supporting his family.
Will is fondly remembered by his great work ethic, dominant sky hook, mid range J, and rim rattling slam dunks. Not to mention one of the most outlandish celebrations known to man. It's half gorilla and half praise to the God above. At least we can all rest safely at night knowing that Will is rocking those rims over in Istanbul. In closing I would just like to quote EUROBASKET.com, "He (Will) is physical, gets after it and plays 100% on every play."
War getting paid to play basketball.
-'Killa
I hope one of Big Will's celebrations or earth shaking dunks did not cause this.
Gaskill, that is some serious research man. Wow. Good to get the update on Will the Thrill, the Black Hole. We have been trying to find this man for a while, Do Work
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing I loved more than the time he fell to the ground and pounded his chest in celebration. I can't remember which game it was-- I wanna say UC or GW?
ReplyDeleteGreat work on this segment of "Where are they now?" I'm sure Bobby Rohrman will be using that tag as well in the future.