I just wanted to point out a story that you will definitely be sick of hearing about in two weeks: The Cardinals are in the Super Bowl and the Patriots didn't make the playoffs.
I didn't actually watch the Week 16 massacre, but, judging by the stats, I'm not sure it's possible to overestimate how much better the Patriots were. The Patriots won 47-7, the Cardinals only score was an 80 yd bomb from LEINART! to Fitzgerald. The Cardinals only had one turnover in the entire game, but they gave up 514 total yards. The Cardinals only had 186 total yards, and never got in the red zone.
I love the Cardinals, and think they deserve everything they've gotten, but it's insane that the 11-5 Patriots weren't in the playoffs. We can only hope that the Cardinals beat the Steelers and the NFL considers going back to a six division format. But for now, suck it Belichick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm still in denial that the Cardinals are actually in the Super Bowl. I honestly thought they were one of the worst playoff teams ever.
ReplyDeleteI just can't believe Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald didn't carry the Brady Bundchen to the fantasy playoffs.
ReplyDeletei didn't watch yesterday. but i guess the cards won. could care less anymore
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure the Patriots wouldn't have made the playoffs even if they did go back to the old six division format.
ReplyDelete