Midget Sighting

I saw a midget at the 711 I frequent for chews, Diet Cokes, and Snickers bars. She had long brown hair and very stubby hands. I considered running my hands through her hair, but I didn't feel like getting picked up. She could barely see over the counter and had a lot of difficulty handling the pack of gum and 20 ounce Pepsi she purchased.

The 711 is managed by a group of Indian gentlemen whom I've become quite fond of. As I stood behind the midget in line, one of my Indian buddies behind the counter became fixated on her appearance. He stared and stared at the little person, and a wry smile slowly crept across his face. As she walked out, his smile grew wider.

I stepped up to the counter ready to buy my chew. We made eye contact. He couldn't hold it in any longer. He erupted in laughter and hunched over as I began shaking my head back and forth.

I didn't want to laugh, but I did. Really, really hard. We high-fived, and I walked out with one of those special feelings you only get once or twice a year.

Bob Rohrman

p.s. Visit Bob Rohrman Toyota to check out our state-of-the-art Service Department. It has all of the latest tools and technologies to diagnose and repair your vehicle.

3 comments:

  1. have you ever run into the problem when you roll into your 711 per-say and they don't have your flavor of chew? i had that problem at my go to shell on friday. friday was bad enough and i was just excited to leave work and buy a tin only to find out that they didn't have my flavor. just another beat to pile onto the ever growing daily beats i receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even worse, they usually don't have my brand, the grizzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, BigLots can't help that he's short.

    ReplyDelete